stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Like everyone else I sometimes have a problem getting inspired.

How do you get your inspiration?

Is it from your image, your paper colours, wanting to use a certain something in your stash????

Is there a fool proof way???

I would really like to know because some days I am really stumped.

Thanks for any replies.  

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Wendy,

USUALLY I can get inspiration from looking at blogs, websites, etc. I will try some challenges, a sketch or color challenge. Right now I'm in a HUGE funk and not in the mood to stamp! GASP.  I ordered some new Gina K stamps but not sure if that will do it.  I think a lot of it is I'm so tired from work and it's SO nice out I would rather be outside than in stamping.  After last winter with 6 months of it, I'm enjoying a nice one.  

Is there a fool proof way?  No I don't think so.  Someday's I just go in my stamp room and sit.  

I know what you mean.  Sometimes everyday life gets in the way.

It can be so frustrating though when you know you have to do a project but nothing comes to you.

I really don't like to just settle for something at the last minute if I can help it.

Thanks for replying

When I lose my mojo, I just focus on one little aspect of stamping. For example, I will just color and cut out images and mat them. Then I will just stamp a ton of greetings and cut them out. All of a sudden, I have lots of card parts laying around. Find the right patterned paper and ribbon and you almost have some cards! :)

Sometimes I'll take a piece of white card stock and just start stamping on it. I'll pick whatever stamp draws my eye. I don't intend on using it but just to go through the "motions". I will do it using a technique here from stamptv and soon it will give me another idea. and then another. which I'll try. I do find also that sketches that you're comfortable with helps me a LOT. I don't do very "busy" designs so I'll pick one from Clean & Simple (http://cleanandsimplestamping.blogspot.com/) or Card Positioning Systems (http://cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.com/) - The latter has their FIFTH anniversary and a challenge for each day! Maybe you want to go play along. It has really helped me get out of my rut.

Thanks for the ideas.  Will give them all a go to see what works best for me.

I appreciate your help 

I usually look through my stamps, papers and/or embellishments and an idea will pop into my head.  Sounds simple but it works for me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service