stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Let's talk tools. I have a few favorites that I can hardly make a card without! I would have to say one of the top few on my list is my Scor-pal.

Here's why:

• I can get crisp fold lines, even with the thickest GKD Pure Luxury Card Stock.
  • I can created 3-D projects easily using the tutorials here at StampTV and on the Scor-pal website.
  • Because it's molded plastic, it's lightweight, acurate and easy to store.

So what is your go-to tool? I know you probably have more than one like I do, but let's keep sharing. As we read each other's ideas, I bet we'll find new ways to use tools we already have in our stash! Feel free to share a tip too!

Here's a quick tip for your Scor-pal. Mark the 4.25" mark on your large Scor-pal with a sharpie marker and you will always easily find that pefect score line for folding your A2 size cards in half.

Views: 212

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Forgot to mention the BOW EASY....a wonderful help for nice bows when my arthritic hands can't do the small stuff!
You use the same as me, I love my Kick it works with any dies! But I love spellbinders!

Melissa Shultz said:
I don't think I can narrow it down to one. But here is my top five tools I don't want to live without.

Tonic Guillotine Paper Cutter (best cutter I've owned so far)

Tonic Scissors (I use these to cut ribbon and rubber. What more can a girl want?)

Big Kick with Nestabilitie Dies and CB Embossing Folders (I'm counting this as one. :o) I use Nestabilitie dies for almost every project. And I love the embossing folders they add so much to a project for a small amount of money. And I could not use either without the Big Kick)

Scor Tape (I use this adhesive for 95% of my projects)

Copic Markers (Can't live without them, I love to color. Always have and always will)

I can't wait to see the responses from everyone else.
You know, I really like my Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, embossing folders, and Cutterbee as well as Tonic scissors, but my FAVORITE tool is my lightbox and brass templates.  I like all the different templates and the different things I can do with them.  Though my bone folder is a close second.
The two things that I ALWAYS use when I make a card are my Tonic paper cutter and Scor-Pal.  I can make cards without everything else, IF I MUST, but I can't make a card without those two tools.  Thank heaven I don't HAVE to do without the other things, but I tell myself that I could if I had to. 

I just realized that is discussion was started a year ago today. I need to change my picture. :)

My favorite tools are the same. 

I know! It's been a year. But that's okay. It's fun to read back and update if you  have any new favs! Your photo is adorable Regina!
Thanks Gina, I guess is do have one new favorite. My Texture Boutique, that's because it's so darn cute.

Gina K. said:
I know! It's been a year. But that's okay. It's fun to read back and update if you  have any new favs! Your photo is adorable Regina!
Is there a difference between the silicone mats that come with with BigShot and embossing mats?

SusieQ said:
Gina,

I use the following sammie for the BS + Nesties:

To Cut:

Multipurpose platform (full thickness - I think it says it's for "thin dies")
Cutting plate
CS to be cut
Nestie
Cutting plate

To Emboss:

Multipurpose Platform - Tab 1
Cutting plate
Nestie w/CS to be embossed
2 tan embossing mats
Cutting plate

HTH's.

Susan
I have the Big kick But Yess Sounds like I do it except ad a couple of pieces of card sockto add a little Ump, to to the embossing I haven't tried my Black or purple embossing mats from sizzix! The tan embossing mats are more Rubbery and when they go through they'll stretch!

Whats a cutterbee?

Golda said:

You know, I really like my Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, embossing folders, and Cutterbee as well as Tonic scissors, but my FAVORITE tool is my lightbox and brass templates.  I like all the different templates and the different things I can do with them.  Though my bone folder is a close second.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service