stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Let's talk tools. I have a few favorites that I can hardly make a card without! I would have to say one of the top few on my list is my Scor-pal.

Here's why:

• I can get crisp fold lines, even with the thickest GKD Pure Luxury Card Stock.
  • I can created 3-D projects easily using the tutorials here at StampTV and on the Scor-pal website.
  • Because it's molded plastic, it's lightweight, acurate and easy to store.

So what is your go-to tool? I know you probably have more than one like I do, but let's keep sharing. As we read each other's ideas, I bet we'll find new ways to use tools we already have in our stash! Feel free to share a tip too!

Here's a quick tip for your Scor-pal. Mark the 4.25" mark on your large Scor-pal with a sharpie marker and you will always easily find that pefect score line for folding your A2 size cards in half.

Views: 212

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gina
I use the Big Kick, which is the same as the Big Shot. When I use nesties I use the following layers:
from bottom to top:
platform with top layer removed
one plastic cutting pad
nestie with card stock
second plastic cutting pad
and finally an old small knife cutting mat as a shim to get the right cut.

Not sure if this makes sense or not.
Gina,

I use the following sammie for the BS + Nesties:

To Cut:

Multipurpose platform (full thickness - I think it says it's for "thin dies")
Cutting plate
CS to be cut
Nestie
Cutting plate

To Emboss:

Multipurpose Platform - Tab 1
Cutting plate
Nestie w/CS to be embossed
2 tan embossing mats
Cutting plate

HTH's.

Susan
At the top of my list has to be my "bug". I love it and there are so many different ways you can use the folders. I just wish the pink one was out when I got mine. The score pal is on the top of my wish list, thanks to Gina and her great tutorials, until then I will use my esy scor, it's smaller but no measurements.
Sorry I spelt Eazi Score wrong, don't know if you have that in US, maybe only in Aus.

marcelle baldwin said:
At the top of my list has to be my "bug". I love it and there are so many different ways you can use the folders. I just wish the pink one was out when I got mine. The score pal is on the top of my wish list, thanks to Gina and her great tutorials, until then I will use my esy scor, it's smaller but no measurements.
I LOVE my bug too; and now that this site has enabled me..score tape and nestabilities are right up there! My watercolor pencils and blender pens are a MUST for me that is what I use 99 percent of the time to color. I just bought my score pal a few weeks ago..and that is moving right up the list very quickly! If it wasnt for this site..I would be a much richer girl! lol
Wow, since finding Stamp TV I have many, but I think my new favorite are Nesties, but still love my Cricut. Also, colored pencils and OMS. Ok, my list can go on, but in interest of space and time, I will stop there.
I HAVE TO SAY THAT THE CRICUT IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE. I HARDLY MAKE A CARD WITHOUT USING THIS MACHINE. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I DID WITHOUT IT. IT'S SO WORTH THE PRICE.

Regina M Hamilton said:
Okay, I have 4 favortites.

My Score- Pal , I won't make a card without it.

My Cuttlebug and Nestabilities - I just recently discovered the Nestabilities (sad, I know) watching your video tutorials. I always thought I didn't need them, now I won't make a card without them.

My Copic Sketch markers. I love them

My Cricuts - I won't scrapbook without them.

If you saw the pics of my craft area, you can see that I'm a tool junkie. But I'm in therapy and going to meetings, one day I will conquer this problem, but not soon I hope :)
Five things I can't live without:

Cuttlebug
Scor-It
Copics
Milwaukee Heat Gun
and last but not my old, old Fiskars rotary cutter (I have had it for about 12 years)...........:)
My favorites are: - my Cuttlebug (will include nesties and embossing folders here too)
- Cutterbee scissors (you can cut really precisely with these)
- Marvy Embossing Heat Tool
- sponge daubers
This is a tough one, because I have so many faves. BUT, I love my CuttleBug and all the folders and nessties I can afford to buy for playing and I have to admit I love the ScorePal. For a very long time, I didn't think I needed or would use a ScorePal, but I got one and ever since, it's become my "side arm". I love it.
Wow, I need to spend some MORE $$.
I got my Cuttlebug for Christmas and LOVE IT!!
Thanks to Gina K. I now HAVE to save to buy some Nestabilities (saw them on sites but didn't know what they were) and a Score-pal.
Does anyone have the proper "sandwich" for Fiskars embossing plates and the Cuttlebug? I have tried several that I have found on the internet but none seem to give much texture.
With my big shot I use the
"thicker" white platform...mine had Big shot on it. (this is the older style platform)
Clear acrylic pad
White pad from spellbinders
Nestie
Cardstock
Clear Acrylic pad

For embossing I use the same sandwich except remove the white pad from spellbinders and add the foam pad from spellbinders on top of the nestie. Sometime I will have to run it through again to get a good impression.

Hope this helps.

Dianne K

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service