stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I need Help! I am on my 5th different cutter.  I seem to have the same problem with all of them which is a crooked line and it seems to always be towards  the end of my cut.  I am currently using a MS cutter and it is doing better than the others but seems like the blades dull really fast and when I go to the store to get a replacement they are always sold out.  So I thought before I went and purchased another cutter, I would ask what everyone uses and what they like about it.  Any information would be appreciated!!

Views: 165

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Betty I have looked at that cutter and wondered how it cut. I love those coupons from Michaels,they are great when you have an expensive item!!

Betty Neville said:
I have a "Making Memories Rotary Cutter" and have been happy with it. It is self-sharpening so there is no need for replacement blades. I was looking for a Tonic Guillotine cutter but could not locate one where I live in Canada. Anyway, the only thing about my rotary cutter is that it is difficult to cut widths smaller than about an inch. It also makes a noise when it cuts which may bother some people. I bought mine at 'Michaels' and used a 50% off coupon.
My best buy for a long time was the "Cutterpede paper trimmer".
It gives straight cuts, easy to measure on, and have different replacements;
cutter wheels, both straight and different waves and even a score wheel.
The stripe on which I cut is also replaceable, after I´ve first turned it 4 times to use it to the maximum.
The Cutterpede is not expensive - that is extra bonus:-)
Thanks Eva I will check into that. :o)

Eva Bengtsson said:
My best buy for a long time was the "Cutterpede paper trimmer".
It gives straight cuts, easy to measure on, and have different replacements;
cutter wheels, both straight and different waves and even a score wheel.
The stripe on which I cut is also replaceable, after I´ve first turned it 4 times to use it to the maximum.
The Cutterpede is not expensive - that is extra bonus:-)

Can you cut chipboard with the tonic guillotine? Also is the blade self sharpening?

Thanks

My favorite trimmer is Stampin' Up! Table Top Paper Cutter.  It's a guillotine style and never needs sharpening.  The handle stores underneath, as does the extention for cutting 12" paper.  I think Stampin Up sells in Australia.
Yes. I have the same problem with paper cutter/trimmers. I have bought 3 different style of Fiskars trimmers and still I end up with crooked lines towards the bottom of the paper. I gave up!! Last year with the help of my friend, I bought the Tonic Guillotine Cutter from Joann.com and she carried it to the place I live in Asia. It makes more precise cut than Fiskars. But one drawback is it does not have marks on less than 1/2" cuts. So if I want to cut a narrow strip of paper I just use a craft knife and eye ball my paper praying for a straight cut...LOL!!!
I am in love with my Making Memories trimmer!  It really helps me to keep everything in place and the cuts are always straight! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service