stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

This set is called "Spring blooms." I designed this set to be perfect for many of the women in your life. If comes with lots of words and three beautiful long stemmed flowers. You can use this set for Mother's Day, of course, but also for so much more.

Do you like that background paper?
Do you know you have tons of that laying around your house right now?

I love to go to Goodwill and look around. I can always find something cool to embellish, something fun to store stamp supplies in or something to use for stamping in some cool way. This trip was no exception. I was looking at books. (I love to read.) And I was looking at all the novels and this one caught my eye. So I bought it. Then, I realized I already had it. So, I used it to make some patterned paper.

I read the whole page to make sure there wasn't anything inappropriate for all eyes to see and I tore it out of the book. I trimmed it to 3 3/4" X 5".

Then, I crumpled it all up in a ball.

I know, so far you're thinking, "I can do this!" LOL!

Then, I flattened it out again. I used some Tim Holtz distress ink by Ranger. The color is called "Old Paper." Sounds about right... (If you don't have this, you can use any dye ink. SU creamy caramel works well too.)

I used a direct to-paper-technique where I just lightly rubber the ink pad directly over the paper so the ink grabbed mostly on the raised crumpled edges. 

When I finished, it looked like this. (The photo is actually a little dark- it's a bit lighter in real life.)

Then, to soften it a bit, I used a brayer and rolled on some Palette Ink in the color "Haystack." (SU Sahara Sand would work too or any other paler tan of lighter brown dye ink you have in your stash.)

And that's it! Here is a closer view where you can see the background paper and focal image.

I colored my rose with Copics and added some gold cording to make an elegant embellishment. 

Views: 1480

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I really love your ideas and creativity Gina! I still have your other distressed newspaper video in my mind -- love that one, too!

I really love this look of very old and distressed paper...it truly adds something unique to a card!

I'm not sure I can bring myself to cut up an undamaged book.  I'll have to look for something that's already in bad shape to start with!  I do love the look though! 

Great idea and what a beautiful card!

Love this card. I never thought of using this technique for a girly card. But I probably wouldn't use "50 shades of grey" for the background.(HA!)

Ha-ha! And yes, only use beat up books if you don't want to use another one. Also, you can use newspapers and magazines too.

Hi, Pam You can photo copy a page from an old book so
you don't destroy the book :-)

Pam Thornton said:

I'm not sure I can bring myself to cut up an undamaged book.  I'll have to look for something that's already in bad shape to start with!  I do love the look though! 

Thanks Gina! Great idea!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service