stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I am having trouble getting a clean image with the new triple play frame. I have tried different inks including versa mark Help. What am I doing wrong?

Views: 165

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Beverly,

Sometimes with the larger stamps, I lay them on their back and  ink them up, then put my card stock on top and gently run my hand over the entire image. Here is a video demonstrating that: http://stamptv.ning.com/video/how-to-do-it-background-stamps

I do this very often with really large stamps....I call it upside down stamping.  You do have to be careful to not move the cardstock so your image stays crisp....but it works great!!!

Because you didn't describe what exactly is your inking issue, I am going to take a shot and recommend this:

Try scrubbing it with dishsoap and a soft toothbrush prior to use.

Just put the stamp on an acrylic block and scrub away!!!

The larger clear stamps sometimes have manufacturing debris of sorts (and the stamp may feel sticky), and a good soft gentle scrubbing helps.  Sometimes a couple of scrubs!  LOL

Then ink it up either with a big block, or stamp stage, OR like Gina said, upside down!  I "season" the stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black, and stamp it several times, to see how it is working.  Then, clean that off, and you should be all set!!!

Also, with these larger clear stamps, sometimes you need to curl the stamp, as you apply it to a block, to avoid getting air bubbles under the stamp. (It has some thin areas.) As you apply the stamp to the block, it becomes evident, what I am saying.  Do NOT ever poke a hole in the air bubble, just gently lift the stamp, and let it sort of curl downwards, pressing it evenly....to avoid air bubbles under any of the sections. I work from the middle outwards.  Works well for me. 

Taking the time to do that, and making sure the lines are straight, makes for a better stamping result!!!

Let us know if any of this helped!  That way we know what to say to the next person who may have issues.

Good luck!!!

To be clear, take that stamp to the sink, and, plug the drain, and use a lot of water in your scrubbing. 

After rinsing off with water, pat dry with a lint-free cloth.  Note: paper towels leave lint debris, so avoid them!

Anna Jernigan said:

Because you didn't describe what exactly is your inking issue, I am going to take a shot and recommend this:

Try scrubbing it with dishsoap and a soft toothbrush prior to use.

Just put the stamp on an acrylic block and scrub away!!!

The larger clear stamps sometimes have manufacturing debris of sorts (and the stamp may feel sticky), and a good soft gentle scrubbing helps.  Sometimes a couple of scrubs!  LOL

Then ink it up either with a big block, or stamp stage, OR like Gina said, upside down!  I "season" the stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black, and stamp it several times, to see how it is working.  Then, clean that off, and you should be all set!!!

Also, with these larger clear stamps, sometimes you need to curl the stamp, as you apply it to a block, to avoid getting air bubbles under the stamp. (It has some thin areas.) As you apply the stamp to the block, it becomes evident, what I am saying.  Do NOT ever poke a hole in the air bubble, just gently lift the stamp, and let it sort of curl downwards, pressing it evenly....to avoid air bubbles under any of the sections. I work from the middle outwards.  Works well for me. 

Taking the time to do that, and making sure the lines are straight, makes for a better stamping result!!!

Let us know if any of this helped!  That way we know what to say to the next person who may have issues.

Good luck!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service