stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

The tag for this challenge is STV17MON46!!

Hey Y'all!  Cat here with your challenge this week!  I sure hope you can find the time to play along...it's already getting busy busy everywhere it seems!  :D  I kinda took it easy on ya this week, lol!

For this week's challenge called Cut It Out!!  did you guess it?  yep, you gonna cut it out!  Your challenge is to use a die (if you do not have a die, you can free hand) on your card front, or a layered piece, and you are to use that cut out negative, as its called, on your card front, and THEN you the cutout portion on the inside!  Let me show it so it makes sense, lol:

My example:

This is the front,  I have used a die from Gina's new dies by Therm O Web Decorative Tag Dies.  The snowflakes are from the Simon Says Stamp Exclusive set (so sorry, all sold out!)  And then the 'holiday' are some dies from the new STV kit, Merry and Bright Then just decorated the front as usual, using that cutout as a focal point.  And here is the inside:

And here is placed the tag that was cut out on the inside with a sentiment from the new FoilMates from Gina K too. 

Now, make a bit more sense?  If not, just ask below, I will be checking!  Also, it does NOT have to be a Christmas/Holiday card!  You could use a flower die, or even just a plain circle die!  Be creative!  And I cant wait to see what you create!

Special Instructions on this challenge only! 

--You will have TWO pictures for this challenge and both must be uploaded to the gallery to qualify for the drawing also.  So, the old 'only one photo'  ...out the window for this one!  LOL!  You MUST have two!  Ill be checking and if I see only one, ill message you!  :D 

Ok, now for the small print!

Be sure to have your creation uploaded to our Gallery by Nov. 19th, 8PM CST with the tag "STV17MON46"  to be included in the drawing for the $20 Gift certificate!

here is the link to the gallery for this challenge:

STV17MON46 Gallery

Views: 681

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

linda: You make one card only but you use the part that you cut out somewhere else in the card. So if you cut out a circle  and use it for the front of your card then the piece that is left over gets used inside. Each die cut has a positive and negative part. In my card I used the negative part for the front and the positive for the inside. You will need to photograph both parts of your card so you have two images. Hope this helps.

Linda Littlepage said:

Cat I don't understand what you wanted us to make? Are saying two cards and upload both of them? Or just upload one of them? Are saying make window cards or what I don't understand this all help me understand this challenge? Thanks Linda

Thank you Johanna Rundel this dose help need get do it over negative part. of die cut for inside. I have it now.

Hey Linda!  Yes, basically it is a window card AND use the part of the window card you cut out and place it on the inside of the card.  It will be ONE card, with 2 pictures...one of the front as usual and one of the inside of the card. For example,  If you cut out a circle on the front, use that circle on the inside...if its a tag shape like my example, us that tag shape on the inside..etc.

Hope this helps ya!  I really dont know of any other way to explain it! 
Linda Littlepage said:

Cat I don't understand what you wanted us to make? Are saying two cards and upload both of them? Or just upload one of them? Are saying make window cards or what I don't understand this all help me understand this challenge? Thanks Linda

Thank you Johanna! 

Yep, what she said too!  :D 

Johanna Rundell said:

linda: You make one card only but you use the part that you cut out somewhere else in the card. So if you cut out a circle  and use it for the front of your card then the piece that is left over gets used inside. Each die cut has a positive and negative part. In my card I used the negative part for the front and the positive for the inside. You will need to photograph both parts of your card so you have two images. Hope this helps.

Linda Littlepage said:

Thank you Cat for explaining.  Johanna, your words helps also.  I was making two cards using the piece I cut from the first card in the second card.  I totally missed the word INSIDE.  I will just begin again.  :)

I almost did the same thing but I noticed someone in this thread had written the word (inside) in a reply and then I went and reread the instructions so I got it. Glad I could help, sometimes I read things so quickly I miss parts - lol.

lovinpaper said:

Thank you Cat for explaining.  Johanna, your words helps also.  I was making two cards using the piece I cut from the first card in the second card.  I totally missed the word INSIDE.  I will just begin again.  :)

Thanks Cat:

Cat GKD DT/Moderator said:

Hey Linda!  Yes, basically it is a window card AND use the part of the window card you cut out and place it on the inside of the card.  It will be ONE card, with 2 pictures...one of the front as usual and one of the inside of the card. For example,  If you cut out a circle on the front, use that circle on the inside...if its a tag shape like my example, us that tag shape on the inside..etc.

Hope this helps ya!  I really dont know of any other way to explain it! 
Linda Littlepage said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Get Social with us!

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service