stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hey everyone! :) 

Welcome to this week's MIUM Challenge! 

This week's challenge is a fun one! Choose an image you have that will go OFF the card after stamping. Depending on your design, and how large the image is, it might go off one, two, three or 4 sides of the card.

Here is the card I made for this week's challenge.

I used the Fabulous Rose Frame, and turned it sideways, so it is going off 2 edges.  You don't see the flowers in their entirety, but it is still an interesting way to showcase this image. Look through your sets before starting and find images that will lend themselves to not being centered or fully displayed and still make a pleasing design!

Here are the items used for this card:

Stamp Sets - GKD Fabulous Rose Frame, Nurturing Blooms   

GKD Fabulous Rose Frame Die Set

Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad

Spectrum Noir markers DR3, GG2

Pure Luxury Card Stock - White Heavy Base & Layering Weight Ivory and Tomato Soup

Cuttlebug Charles folder and die cutting machine

UPDATE:

Here is another sample to provide clarification on the challenge. It does NOT have to have flowers. It does NOT have to be a frame or a large stamps.  Look at your stamps and try to get creative about how showing just part of the image makes the design interesting or different than the full image.  Here is a owl from Gina's Wise Old Owl set peeking around the corner.  Small image, in this case going off one edge of the card, challenge met, creative crop!

Hope this helps!

This week's tag is ...  STV17MON41

Here is the small print:

I can't wait to see all the wonderful

things you all make for this challenge! 

To visit the Gallery Click > STV17MON41

Come join us this week and for your chance to win a $20.00 gift card from Gina K. Designs.

I hope you get a chance to get inky this week!  <3 

Tags: MIUM, STV17MON41

Views: 946

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, Linda, that would work. Looking forward to your card!

Linda Littlepage said:

can I post picture here if something Like this picture would challenge? If I stamp big single stamp off edge of the paper would that would work?Rose Bouquet- Clear

Or do basket flower fruss cut there hung of edge card? Yes, not? I think this is something like Dorothy, was asking? But, I need if will work for the challenge yes or no? on either options? thanks Linda

Thank You Melanie for the owl card.  That really has helped.  Now I think I can go look at my stamps with a better idea.

Thanks, Melanie! Helps a lot!

Yep - that helps a lot. Many thanks Melanie. It is an interesting challenge for sure. 

Thanks going to work on my card tomorrow!
Oh my gosh, your owl card sample is just too cute! Well done!! :)

Was looking to see if a Winner for this challenge was posted, I looked on main page but I was not seeing.  And after reading some of this post My cards were probably not exactly what Melanie was meaning. OH Well it is what it is.  

Hi, Cathy Tidwell always posts the winner the following week, she will share shortly!

Susan Wareham said:

Was looking to see if a Winner for this challenge was posted, I looked on main page but I was not seeing.  And after reading some of this post My cards were probably not exactly what Melanie was meaning. OH Well it is what it is.  

I think she is late in doing this probably due to the blog hop. Also maybe your cards weren't exactly meeting the challenge (it isn't for me to say) but they were certainly lovely and you got some practice and a few extra made for your stash. I enter the challenges as much for that reason as I do in the hope of winning something. Bonus is there are lots of nice people on this site and it is fun to share.

Well i guess if they are picky about if you did the proper card for challenge im not alone saw quite a few done the same way i actually likeed this challenge and maybe the blog hop has put Cat behind just wanted to make sure i didnt miss it somewhere

Johanna Rundell said:

I think she is late in doing this probably due to the blog hop. Also maybe your cards weren't exactly meeting the challenge (it isn't for me to say) but they were certainly lovely and you got some practice and a few extra made for your stash. I enter the challenges as much for that reason as I do in the hope of winning something. Bonus is there are lots of nice people on this site and it is fun to share.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Get Social with us!

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service