stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Good Monday Morning to y'all!  And glad you have stopped in to check out this week's challenge!  I hope you will play along!

Ok, the title of this challenge...Happy Birthday!!  Did you think its to make a birthday card?  Well, IF you did, wrong answer!  LOL!  For this challenge you will need to use your Birth DATE...the DAY to be specific!  No need to give up that year you was born, haha!  Below is a list...the list starts out at '0' and ends with the '9'  We will use two of the things from the list, but it will have to correspond with your birthDAY...for example, here is mine: 

My birthDay is 23  (Jan. 23rd, 19blahblahblah)

And the corresponding things I have to use to make my card are

2 - hand stitching

and

3 - die cuts

And this is my card! (Of which I am super excited to share because it uses two images and   from the upcoming Mini StampTV kit available 8/31! AND a little word die that will be available then also!

)

Isnt that leaf gorgeous!?  I love the little dots on it!  And it has matching die cut, so I embossed that behind the fussy cut leaf that I made with alcohol inks and Yupo paper...LOVE playing with that stuff!  My hand stitching, well, back when I first started with cards, that is how I started..doing counted cross stitch on them..much more detailed than this one.  And you dont have to have a fancy tool or die for making the little pattern of holes to do this.  I used graph paper and poked it where the little squares meet!  Makes perfect size for a card I think!  'Accent Stitches' I call them!

Ok, now, here is the list:

0 - Markers

1 - only one layer

2 - hand stitching

3 - die cuts

4 - designer paper

5 - foiling

6 - stencil

7 - vellum

8 - butterfly

9 - ribbon

and for another example....lets say your birthday is on the 7th of the month.  For that date, you will use '07'  .  Basically, if you birth DAY is a single digit, then put a '0' with it, like if your birthday was , Jan. 7th, 1970,,.  think of it in this format:  01/07/1970  because you HAVE to use two 'numbers' from the list...make sense?  Also, if you are a double digit day...such as '22nd'  use the '2' and either go one up or one down to get your other element to use.  Have I totally confused y'all!!?   LOL  I hope  not,  but you can  post your question here, ill be checking back as always!  Also, if, for some strange reason,   you do not have the item you are suppose to use, don't stress!!  either skip up or down one until you do have the item. 

Also when adding your photo to the gallery and the writeup, put what your birth DAY is!

Ok, now the fine print!!

Be sure to have your creation uploaded to our gallery by 8PM CST, Aug 27th with STV17MON34 as the tag so we can see your creation along with all the others!

Here is the gallery for this challenge:  STV17MON34 Challenge

=========================================================================

Now, go forth and create!  And dont look at the sun today! Unless you have the glasses for doing that! 

Views: 1028

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oops should be 1 and 0 or 1 and 2 not 3.. getting confused by all of these numbers...Lol.

Gayle Chrvala said:

No double digits and move up or down a day for the second 1 so 1 and 0 or 1 and 3.
Lynta Carter said:

Well bummer!  My birthDAY is the 11th!  So do I do only one layer on top of only one layer? :-(

This looks like fun and I am on the same design pattern as you and I hate to sew. Yikes! Hope I can figure out and even find the time to do something for it. I sure love the design you made and that looks to be a great leaf stamp you used. I seen Gina say it is from the new upcoming kit.

I've never joined a challenge here and it's down to the wire - but I'm going to try.   My birthday is the 20th, so it's stitching and markers for me.

BTW - your sample is beautiful - fall is my favorite time of the year.

I finally got a card done for the challenge. HERE is my entry and my birthday is June 23. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Get Social with us!

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service