stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hello everyone, happy Monday!  I am glad to be hosting the Mix it Up Monday challenge this week! This week's challenge is simple but effective: create a scene with silhouettes with your bold images and background colors! Lots of ways to create that background, too: suggesting a combination of sky, land and/or water by sponging as I did here, watercoloring, distress inks, smackin' acetate, direct to paper, you choose! If you *don't* have any bold stamps to make a scene, you can still make it work: use line art, stamping in black or another dark color and then filling in with that same color! You do not necessarily have to use black to make your silhouettes, a dark color like navy or brown would be very striking. :)

On my card, I used my Stately Flowers 11 and Fabulous Flowers stamp sets.  I will be demonstrating this card and the sponging and masking and reverse masking in my video this week.

POSTING DEADLINE

Be sure to have your creations uploaded to our gallery no later than 8 p.m. Central Time on April 30th.  Be sure to add the tag STV17MON17 for your chance to win a $20.00 Gina K Designs gift certificate!  Have fun!

Important Note: No 'back tagging' which means, you can't take a card you uploaded prior to this challenge was posted and tag it with this challenge tag.

I’m looking forward to seeing what you create!

LINK TO THE GALLERY

Here is a link to the gallery for this challenge:

STV17MON17 Gallery

Tags: STV17MON17, fabulousflowers, melanie, silhouettes, statelyflowers11

Views: 927

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is just beautiful, Melanie! I love the soft colors you chose to blend into your background. I sure hope to play along with you this week ♥

Another ONE for the challenge. Thanks for so much fun Melanie.

Hi Melanie,

I have tried twice to add my picture to the challenge.  The first time I did not tag STV17MON17, but the second time I did.  I do not know what I am doing wrong.  I would like to enter my picture in this challenge for a chance at the gift certificate.  

Thanks,

Cheryl Miller

Attachments:
Thanks for a great challenge!

Great challenge Melanie and I just love your card. 

Thanks, everyone!! I have been a busy bee last several days working on our blog hop posts for this week, but I am going to go check out all your entries and comment tonight after i finish up my post!  So excited to see what you made!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Get Social with us!

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service