stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hello everyone!  It's Chris with this week's challenge, "Color Me Krafty!"  

This week I am challenging you to use white pencil to highlight your images stamped on Kraft card stock.  Here is the example I made up using the beautiful Vintage Roses stamp set.  I lightly stamped my image using white ink.  Once it was dry, I added white and gray pencil to color the jar and flowers, and colored the leaves in greens.

I cut my tag shape and black mat. Then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from Scripty Love, then added it to another black matted panel stamped with the Music Background stamp and adhered everything to my Kraft card base.

Now it's your turn!  I can't wait to see what you do!

Here's the fine print:

 

Be sure and have your creation uploaded to our gallery with the tag "STV17MON10" no later than March 12th, 8PM CST for your chance to win an awesome $20 gift certificate from Gina K Designs!!  

(Just a reminder too...no 'back tagging' which means, you can't take a card you uploaded before my challenge was up and tag it with the challenge tag.  The time and date have to be later than my time and date for this challenge being posted!)

Here is the gallery for this challenge:

STV17MON10

Looking forward to seeing your creations!

Views: 2003

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love this! Great looking card

Well this challenge is going to be challenging for sure. I'll have fun figuring out what to do.

Hello everyone I not sure get this challenge Can some please explain what we are supposed do with challenge? thanks a bunch!



Linda Littlepage said:

Hello everyone I not sure get this challenge Can some please explain what we are supposed do with challenge? thanks a bunch!


Linda, the challenge is just to use white pencils to highlight some area of your stamped images on Kraft paper. The white pencil really is fun to use on Kraft. Some ideas could be adding details to flower center or to silhouette stamps, creating a shadow for bold sentiments, or adding texture to the fur or skin of some of Beth's fun animals... there's lots of options! Just play and experiment!

Thanks so much for reply But we color use color too right? Has long use a white pencil And Kraft paper? Linda

Chris Dayton, GKD DT said:



Linda Littlepage said:

Hello everyone I not sure get this challenge Can some please explain what we are supposed do with challenge? thanks a bunch!


Linda, the challenge is just to use white pencils to highlight some area of your stamped images on Kraft paper. The white pencil really is fun to use on Kraft. Some ideas could be adding details to flower center or to silhouette stamps, creating a shadow for bold sentiments, or adding texture to the fur or skin of some of Beth's fun animals... there's lots of options! Just play and experiment!
This is so stunning! I can't wait until the new foiling products come out because I am going to order this stamp set!
Yes!! I used grays and greens in my example.



Linda Littlepage said:

Thanks so much for reply But we color use color too right? Has long use a white pencil And Kraft paper? Linda

Chris Dayton, GKD DT said:



Linda Littlepage said:

Hello everyone I not sure get this challenge Can some please explain what we are supposed do with challenge? thanks a bunch!


Linda, the challenge is just to use white pencils to highlight some area of your stamped images on Kraft paper. The white pencil really is fun to use on Kraft. Some ideas could be adding details to flower center or to silhouette stamps, creating a shadow for bold sentiments, or adding texture to the fur or skin of some of Beth's fun animals... there's lots of options! Just play and experiment!

thank -you

Chris Dayton, GKD DT said:

Yes!! I used grays and greens in my example.



Linda Littlepage said:

Thanks so much for reply But we color use color too right? Has long use a white pencil And Kraft paper? Linda

Chris Dayton, GKD DT said:



Linda Littlepage said:

Hello everyone I not sure get this challenge Can some please explain what we are supposed do with challenge? thanks a bunch!


Linda, the challenge is just to use white pencils to highlight some area of your stamped images on Kraft paper. The white pencil really is fun to use on Kraft. Some ideas could be adding details to flower center or to silhouette stamps, creating a shadow for bold sentiments, or adding texture to the fur or skin of some of Beth's fun animals... there's lots of options! Just play and experiment!

Your card is so beautiful, and inspiring.  I was so happy with how mine came out.

What a fun challenge and a stunning example card you have made!  Thanks for hosting this week Chris!

Good gracious! This is incredible!!!!!!

Hi, Chris, I really love your your challenge and card!! I have not tried coloring white on Kraft paper before but your's look so pretty I gave it a shot. I used the same set, different stamp and used white with browns for shadows. Thanks for your inspiration.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Get Social with us!

    

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service