stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hello StampTV friends!  Happy Monday and welcome to Mix It Up Monday! Cathy here with a new MIUM challenge. It’s State Fair time in Minnesota and I’m hungry for food on a stick. No matter where we live, there are county and state fairs or city/regional celebrations. Let's go to the Fair!

Here’s what I came up with:

First I stamped my own designer paper and colored it in for the background. I created a fair inspired image from one of my favorite books, Charlotte’s Web. I love when they are at the fair and Wilbur gained attention thanks to Charlotte’s handiwork. I stamped Fern and Wilbur posing for a blue ribbon winner photo.

C'mon in for a close up!

Stamps: Funny Farm

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Blendabilities, Stickles

Other: Cardstock and punches from stash, Stampin Up embossing folder, Glossy Accents

Now it’s your turn! What’s your favorite thing about a fair? The food? The rides? The animals? The crafts? Let it be your inspiration for this week’s challenge!

Make sure to have your creation uploaded to the gallery, with the tag, STV16MON35 by September 4th, 8PM CST.

Here are the rules:

One lucky participant will win a $20.00 gift Certificate to the Gina K. Designs Store.

Can I get a huge WAHOO?

To see all of the creations for this challenge, click below!

STV16MON35 Gallery

And don't forget about the yearly MIUM challenge

Views: 621

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is my entrance (a little note-book) for this weeks challenge: http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/fair-fun-1 ~_^

Cathy, your really make us think when you throw down a challenge for us...LOL...your card and that background is adorable. 

It's been years since I've been my area's largest fair but seems like yesterday so I did a collage of my memories on my card.  I was going to do a hot air balloon because it reminded me of the Wizard of Oz but saw some cards made with that image and didn't want to copy...oops CASE :)  Thanks for hosting. Here's my card.

WAHOO!!

Gayle, you make me smile. Cathy, the chick who puts the C in challenge ~ that's me! I like to get your brain cogs clicking and think about using stamps in your stash that might not get as much love. If you don't think too hard, the challenge can be pretty easy (food is an easy fair inspiration); but I LOVE seeing how creative everyone gets. I think this is my last hosting for the year, we'll see if the GK crew asks me back. I've LOVED playing with everyone!

Gayle Chrvala said:

Cathy, your really make us think when you throw down a challenge for us...LOL...your card and that background is adorable. 

It's been years since I've been my area's largest fair but seems like yesterday so I did a collage of my memories on my card.  I was going to do a hot air balloon because it reminded me of the Wizard of Oz but saw some cards made with that image and didn't want to copy...oops CASE :)  Thanks for hosting. Here's my card.

WAHOO!!

Cathy, I just have to tell you that I was WAY out of my comfort zone on this challenge.  I had no idea what in the world I was going to do until my new kit came yesterday.  I am not super happy with my card, but thank you for making me think outside my box.  I made the decision to enter the challenge every week this year, even though a couple have been late.  It had really stretched my creativity - or lack of.  Thanks again!

Don't cut yourself short, Retta, you always come up with great cards! When I come up with my challenges, it's usually to stretch my own creativity! Often I find myself making cards in the same colors, techniques, etc. Sometimes it's because I really like that style and other times it's because I'm being crafty lazy. :-) I want to come up with something different for the challenges so I have to put my thinking cap on and see what brews up. THANK YOU for joining in the fun!

Retta Rae said:

Cathy, I just have to tell you that I was WAY out of my comfort zone on this challenge.  I had no idea what in the world I was going to do until my new kit came yesterday.  I am not super happy with my card, but thank you for making me think outside my box.  I made the decision to enter the challenge every week this year, even though a couple have been late.  It had really stretched my creativity - or lack of.  Thanks again!

Fun challenge Cathy!!  Here is my card: STV16MON35

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service