stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hi everyone! Allie Gower here, and I'm guest hosting this StampTV Challenge. Thanks to Karen Hightower for asking me to step in while she's away.

My theme for this week's challenge is Masking a Border. Mask a border to make a quick and easy card. 

I masked off my card base above and below with copy paper and washi tape. I sponged on Powder Blue and Ocean Mist inks. I stamped dots and circles from Beth Silaika's "Lots of Dots" set and snowflakes from the new StampTV kit "Sparkling Christmas" (shown below) with the same inks. I removed the copy paper and scored the card twice above and below to help define the area. To finish it off, I added a die cut snowflake. The Sparkling Christmas kit comes with two BEAUTIFUL snowflake dies.

Be sure to upload your project to the Gallery by 8:00 pm CST on Sunday, November 15, and use the tag STVMON45 so we can find it!

To see all the entries in the STV15MON45 Gallery, click HERE.

Let's have some fun. Can't wait to see what you create!

Allie

Tags: AllieGower, STVMON45, SparklingChristmas

Views: 840

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HERE 

is mine, and I hope it is okay.  The masking was a little different for its border.

I took a look at it and yes it is a little scribble that would look great stamped with a very pale ink and then a small image in darker ink on top of it!

Jane Sirak said:

I am so happy I got my new StampTVKit yesterday. I love it. The only problem is ...what do I want to do first? Not only that I got the Autumn wishes stamps with all those lovely trees too. I do have a question for anyone. What is the like block or swatch, It is kind of a squarish blob ( but attractive) stamp? I like it, I am just wondering if it is supposed to be something or another? It is right above the tree that is in the bottom right corner. I am sure I will have fun stamping with it, maybe using it as a background and then stamping something else on top of it. What does everyone or anyone think?

Here's a sample using the "blobs" - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/143693044338325128/

Jane Sirak said:

I am so happy I got my new StampTVKit yesterday. I love it. The only problem is ...what do I want to do first? Not only that I got the Autumn wishes stamps with all those lovely trees too. I do have a question for anyone. What is the like block or swatch, It is kind of a squarish blob ( but attractive) stamp? I like it, I am just wondering if it is supposed to be something or another? It is right above the tree that is in the bottom right corner. I am sure I will have fun stamping with it, maybe using it as a background and then stamping something else on top of it. What does everyone or anyone think?

What kind of tape are you using? I use washi tape - some are a little too tacky, so I test on scrap paper.

Jane Sirak said:

I have a card with beautiful trees that I just want to share so I am going to try and pu it in this comment.
I thought I heard someone say trees.
BTW I tried to start masking a card tonight and the Tape took off the top layer of my cardstock... Boo hoo. I tried two different kinds of tape and had stuck it on my shirt 2 or 3 times to try and get less sticky and it still destroyed the card.

I'm feeling stupid.  That seems to be happening today.  Anyway, I added a card yesterday and just noticed I messed up the tag, so I changed it.  It is not showing in the gallery with the other challenge cards.  Is this those gremlins that Cat is always talking about?  Here is the photo, so maybe you can see something that I need to fix.  http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/masking-the-border?context=user

Thanks!

It is there now.  Maybe I just needed to walk away.

I saw it, very nice card!

lovinpaper said:

I'm feeling stupid.  That seems to be happening today.  Anyway, I added a card yesterday and just noticed I messed up the tag, so I changed it.  It is not showing in the gallery with the other challenge cards.  Is this those gremlins that Cat is always talking about?  Here is the photo, so maybe you can see something that I need to fix.  http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/masking-the-border?context=user

Thanks!

It is there now.  Maybe I just needed to walk away.

Yay!  I finally got a card done, photographed and loaded for a challenge!  This was a fun on Allie, thanks!  BTW Love your card!

Thanks, Sharon! Off to look at your card.

Sharon Prophet said:

Yay!  I finally got a card done, photographed and loaded for a challenge!  This was a fun on Allie, thanks!  BTW Love your card!

yes...its the Gremlins or pixies...they just up to no good lately arent they!?  LOL! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Get Social with us!

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service