stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

stampTV

Mix it up Monday Emboss it Twice  STV12MON21

I am so honored to be chosen to host a challenge.  Thank you Lori!!!  I love embossing so the challenge for this Mix it up Monday is to create a card or project using two different methods of embossing. 

In my example card, I used three methods.  First I embossed a  nestabilities die into Gina K ‘s  Tan leather card stock.  Then I embossed it using the birds and vines cuttlebug embossing folder.   Finally, I stamped the focal image from   Stenciled Spring stamp set with versa mark and sprinkled it with white embossing powder and heat set it with the heat gun.  I used the versamark pen to highlight around the ovals and on the raised part of the embossing folder. 

Please create and upload a new project for this challenge. You may not link a previous card/project. There is no combining of Stamp TV challenges allowed to be eligible to win a prize. However, you can combine it with challenges outside of Stamp TV. And remember you don't have to use Gina K. Designs stamps, but if you do your name will go into the drawing twice!
The deadline for this challenge is Sunday, June 17th at 8:00 pm CT.

Make sure to add your keyword : STV12MON21

Tags: STV12MON21, gkdstenciledspring

Views: 859

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cool technique, Kathy! Thanks for sharing the details; I'll give it a try...And congrats on hosting!

Congratulations on hosting this week Kathy!  Woo Hoo!  I've always wanted to do the emboss twice thing so great challenge! 

Tou don't have to use this technique.  Any type of embossing will work.  For instance two different embossing folters. score pal and nestability, embossing folder and embossing powder.  Any mix you can think of works. Looking forward to seeing your designs.

Golda, you took the words right out of my mouth.  How in the world do you keep the embossing folder from embossing (or at least flattening) the already embossed area? 

Golda said:

Fantastic challenge and example.  How did you not get the birds and vines embossed into your center section?  Is it a separate piece?  This is great and I am intrigued.

Lynn,  you can find the directions at this address: ehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEbGqao5Gcw or do a search for double embossing with cuttlebug  and nestabilities .  Once I make the tag board masks (this will be clear when you see video) I save them so I can skip this step the next time. 

Lynn Brookside said:

Golda, you took the words right out of my mouth.  How in the world do you keep the embossing folder from embossing (or at least flattening) the already embossed area? 

Golda said:

Fantastic challenge and example.  How did you not get the birds and vines embossed into your center section?  Is it a separate piece?  This is great and I am intrigued.

Thanks so much for sharing that video.  I am going to have to try this technique.

What a beautiful card, Kathy!! Congratulations on hosting, and this is a great idea for a challenge!!

Beautiful card...When I get all my stamping stuff,cuddlebug etc..I am new at stamping.But as soon as I get everything needed I will do this for sure....

Oh, what fun! I embossed this scene twice with embossing folders to which I added some distress ink to each folder randomly. I used distress inks also to stamp the whole scene with the clear stamps and then colored in with Marvy Le Plume waterbase markers. I also used some distress ink to sponge in color for the water. I titled my card Just Keep Swimming!

Here is my card for this challenge ~_^

http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/emboss-it-twice-1

Great challenge, Kathy!

Here's mine:  Embossed Garden Silhouette

Beautiful card, and awesome challenge.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service