stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Any suggestions for storing memento dew drop ink pads?

Views: 718

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I keep mine in a couple of peel-off boxes

I have a 2 drawer plastic storage box with the dewdrops in the top and my distress inks in the bottom. I have attached a picture ( I think !)

I love your drawer storage, Clare!  I just keep mine in a smaller box, so they are all on the bottom and I can find them.

I keep mine in a Ziploc bag in a drawer with some of my other miscellaneous stamp pads

I keep mine in their original 12 set packaging so I can easily store them upside down to keep the top of the ink pad wet or flip them over to look at the colors, and I can quickly grab the collection I need.  I have made a notation on my color swatch chart as to which collection each color is in. making retrieval fast. I removed all staples or tape so the cardboard backing slides easily in and out of the plastic packaging keeping each dew drop in place until I need it.
My distress pads are stored upside down in  a plastic drawer in stacks of four that are grouped the same way they are on the color swatch chart so the colors are stored with related colors.  The stacks are stored roughly in the same order as they appear on the chart but the ones I use most often have been moved closer to the front of the drawer for fast retrieval. 

I store mine in a large plastic clamshell snap-together box - like SU sells their wooden stamp sets in - they fit perfectly and are easily portable this way too!  :)

Pam, I never thought to store my stamp pads upside down, but it makes total sense. Is this what you're supposed to do? Never heard that before.

If your ink pads are new and really juicy you don't need to bother but once you start using them it's good to keep them upside down so the ink is at the top when you are ready to stamp.  I store all of mine like this but I don't know if it really helps the pigment inks or not since they are thicker than dye inks.  I don't remember where I heard this idea, it was a long time ago.  I use a small solid stamp to stamp the color on the bottom label of the ink pad, if there is one, so I can find the color I want easily. Be careful to keep the lid on fully. 

Jeanne Kouyeas said:

Pam, I never thought to store my stamp pads upside down, but it makes total sense. Is this what you're supposed to do? Never heard that before.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service