stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Happy Monday, friends!  I'm happy to be hosting this week's challenge!

One technique that has made a comeback lately, is watercoloring!  It seems to be everywhere!  I must admit, I adore the look!  With so many different ways to achieve this look, it's something that everyone can do!  The only special tools needed are a watercolor brush and embossing powder.

I find that embossing the stamped images ensures that the image won't smear and smudge when coloring.  You can use watercolor paints, ink pad re-inkers, or even the ink pads themselves (by picking up the color from the lid using a wet brush).  I have even used water based markers before!  So, if you have ink...you can watercolor!

So, my challenge to is is to watercolor on your card or project!

Here's what I created for this challenge...

I used the Riding By Duo set to create my watercolored card!  After embossing it using black in and clear embossing powder, I used some Gina K re-inkers and a waterbrush to color my image.  The great thing about using re-inkers, is that you can combine the colors that you have to create even more colors!

Click here to see this week's Gallery: STV14MON30

The deadline for uploading your projects is Sunday August 3rd at 8:00 pm Central.
I can't wait to see what you all create!

Views: 1109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes Anna, if it involves some kind of ink and some sort of brush with water...then it would qualify!  Looking forward to seeing your colored whitewash card!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service