stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

How do you all use a Stamp TV Kit? Do you keep it all together in the plastic case it came in or take it apart and put paper with your papers, ribbons with ribbons, etc. I've been taking the stamps out and putting  them with my other stamps leaving the ribbons and the cardstock in the plastic container.  I find that I often forget to use the papers and ribbon, etc. because they are put away in my storage.

Views: 778

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I keep the current kit together in the plastic box until the next kit comes out. When a new kit comes I separate the elements of the previous kit for storage. I do make notes on the kit cover sheet of the pattern paper and cardstock colors that were in the kit, and keep that with the stamps when I separate the kit. The current kit stays on my stamping desk so it's handy when the videos come out.

I've only gotten one so far, but have kept the papers together, figured I'd separate them once I get the next one.  I think Becky's idea of writing down the colors on the patterned paper is a good one, will have to do that too.  ;-))  Oh, I do have my stamps & dies in their binder box though...didn't keep them in with the papers, but it's easy to grab, so didn't need to.  :-))  I've kept the kit on my craft table too, so it's handy!  :-))

I kept my kit papers together for several kits.  Then I decided to separate the paper as I was not using it as much in the container.  My ribbon is all together in a ziploc bag.  My paper are in the ziploc bags that the cardstock comes in when purchasing a group.  My rubber stamps are in binder that Gina sells.  My clear ones are not and are usually in a zip loc bag.  I think the organization changes over time, so just when I think I have it, something is packaged differently, or I change my mind.

I have my solid cardstock in file folders/bins, so I just pput it there right away.  My patterned paper goes with all of my other patterned paper, dies go with dies, etc., so my kit gets broken down the second I get it..

I keep the kit together until I have used a significant amount of the materials. When it starts to look well-used. I separate the items into my stash. Sometimes I put the stamps and dies away right away, so I don't forget that I have them when I am looking for ideas for projects.

That is what I do too.  Like things are stored together.  Everything has a place and everything is in it's place.  That way I know where to find things.  I have been accused of being over organized!  :)

Cindy Horvath said:

I have my solid cardstock in file folders/bins, so I just pput it there right away.  My patterned paper goes with all of my other patterned paper, dies go with dies, etc., so my kit gets broken down the second I get it..

Hi I am new and was wondering how often a kit comes out and is there a time limit on buying? Thanks

does anyone know of some plastic bags that I can store my 6x6 papers in that come in the kit.

Tammy, I use quart size baggies, Zip Lock, and they're perfect. You can even store two packs back to back and be able to see what is in both packs if you keep the page that shows all the papers in the pack.

Thank you sweetheart. Never thought about ziplocs even though I use them for every thing. 

I have a question, when you submit a card idea, are some people copying the video on how it's made? Then submitting it?

All of the time!  I find it fun to make the card along with the video, especially when I have the same supplies.  When I do not have the same supplies, I look for something similar and give it a try.  The cards in the gallery are wonderful places to find ideas also.  When copying the card, try to give the person you are copying recognition in your comments, if you can remember who it was.

Pennie L. Glasser said:

I have a question, when you submit a card idea, are some people copying the video on how it's made? Then submitting it?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service