stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Stamp storage -- probably the lamest question ever.

Hi there! I am new to the clear polymer stamps and to Gina K. I received my first kit, which came with these nifty printed acetate sheets so that I would know which stamps went where. However, I also received this nifty binder sheet. The printed stamp sheet does not fit on the binder sheet unless I block the binder holes, but if I put the stamps on the binder sheet, I won't have the matching pictures. What am I doing wrong?

Views: 561

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is not a lame question.  The index sheets are new with the latest release, or else in the last few months.  I have no idea how one would store those index sheets on the binder sheets.  My clear stamps were before this index sheet, so I placed the stamps on the binder sheet and used a piece of acetate to cover the stamps.  This way, when I flip through my binder, my stamps are not sticking together.  Hopefully, someone who has a storage plan with the newest stamps will have a great plan for you.

I store the new sets with the index sheets on the clear acetate with the set the same way I did my others. The only difference is the acetate sticks out a little over the white ring sheet on the outside edge. That has not been a problem for me. I use about 8x9  open binders that are 2 inches thick by Durable that I got at Office Max. The newer ones go to the edge is all when the binder is closed. I tried to add a picture here but can't seem to get it to go. If I do I will add it later. I have not had any problems with any of the stamps coming off and falling out with the open binder. I do keep the backs clean if they start to get looser. I put a strip of good double sided tape at the top and bottom to hold the back of the acetate sheet in place . I use the scor-tape that Gina sells, the 1/4" or 1/8" and it holds really well. Then just stick the stamp set on so the holes are free and the picture is showing. When you want a stamp I just peel up the top piece. Works great for me. Remember the outside edge will stick over a little. Hope this helps you. 

Thank you both! I was struggling!

Put the printed sheet on the other side for filing purposes, and put your stamps on the back..  Just punch a hole in the, if you use the binder system. I do the same as lovinpaper, with the acetate on top, but store mine in a large file box so I can just flip through them.

I get the binder boxes sold on Gina K. They come with a couple of binder sheets. I place the stamps on the binder sheet and the cut down the printed sheet that comes with the stamps so that it is the same size as the binder sheet. I punch holes in the printed sheet and round the corners. I then put the printed sheet in front of the stamps on the binder sheet so there is no sticking.  I label the spine of the box so I know what is in each box. For the smaller printed sheets that come with some of the incentive stamps I do the same except just punch two holes. I have used both regular binders and the boxes and I really like the boxes.  But everyone is different in what works for them.

So many good ideas! Still haven't figured out what I'm going to do yet...
I actually store my Gina K clear stamps on the acetate it came on. I use the binder sheet that Gina so graciously added for other stamps, often the freebies I get here.

A lot of people seem to prefer the binder sheets for all the stamps, but it is really your preference.

And there is no way that is a lame question! We are all here to be helpful. We love it when new people share our craft.

I really think that most of us are constantly trying to find the perfect storage of our stamps, whether clear or rubber.

I think the most important questions are "what type of person you are".  I say this sincerely.

For example, I am a visual type person, and I need to "see" all my stamps.  Binders drive me batty.  So, I leave my stamps in the package, and "file" them in clear plastic shoe-box type containers.  I can flip through, to find what I want to use for the occasion.

Some prefer binders, with all their stamps in them, and use that like you would be reading a book...flipping through the binder for stamps.  Others say they prefer to categorize all their stamps, on the computer, and use computer generated product sheets, that they place in a "binder": describing the stamp "theme", and location.  They love that process of storing stamps.

I can only tell what process I use.  When my new stamp sets arrive, I keep the new sets out, so I can use and enjoy them.  Then, I simply take the whole set in it's original package, and slip it into my clear plastic shoe-box container, in a theme type category.  (All my "sea, ocean, shells" are next to one another, for example, and so on)..... Hope this helps.

Come back and let us know what method you chose, and how it is working for you, it helps us all to hear how our comments help you!

I'm beginning to think I'm a "need to see my stamps," too. I just can't get this right. I'm currently running two binders, five containers for storing packages of stamps open and upright, and agonizing over whether or not I should I unmount my woods. All I do is move stuff around and never actually stamp! Ahhhhhhhh! I need a more compact/less product intensive hobby. Bowling perhaps.... A ball in a bag and a pair of shoes...
Lisa, think very carefully before you unmount your wood stamps. I did all of mine, and am still - 6 months later - trying to get them organized. I stamped them on sheets of card stock and then placed on the binder sheets and in the GK boxes. My idea was to get all stamps in the same storage system. However, find that some of the stamps I would have preferred on the wood. I make a copy of the front sheet and (or stamped sheet if non GK) and place in a small binder. On the sheet it indicates which box # and drawer the stamp set is in. I can flip through the binder and find what I am looking for, and then find it without having to dig! Good luck!
Thanks for the warning, Diana! That's what I'm worried about -- that I'll regret unmounting. I'll wait on that until I find photopolymer storage that works for me!

LOL - this cracked me up.  I'm in the same boat.  Always trying to get organized but never actually stamp.  Bowling might be a good idea.  :)

Lisa G said:

I'm beginning to think I'm a "need to see my stamps," too. I just can't get this right. I'm currently running two binders, five containers for storing packages of stamps open and upright, and agonizing over whether or not I should I unmount my woods. All I do is move stuff around and never actually stamp! Ahhhhhhhh! I need a more compact/less product intensive hobby. Bowling perhaps.... A ball in a bag and a pair of shoes...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service