stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I promised!!!  And I do have "before" and "after" photos to share!!!!  Are y'all REALLY sure???  I mean ***TRULY*** sure ready to see my "before" photos without throwing me to the sharks??????????  I bet I had the worst EVER in disorganized, cluttered stamp rooms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm embarrassed...............I need reassurance y'all will still LOVE ME!!!!!!

Views: 5352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had no idea you were going through this.  You are very blessed to have survived.  My prayers are with you.

Karen Knegten said:

Oh, I should take a new picture.  It is not very organized right now.  The medical situation for the last two years has put me behind in the organization department. Funny how a burst brain aneurysm  can change your life.  Just lucky that I lived !!!!.

Two thirds don't make it.

So glad I had so many friends here on StampTV praying for me!

Yes, I am very lucky.  The irony of this is that my neurosurgeon and GKD  live only 2 miles apart, in a small town. I figured this out way after the fact.

Lisa Babitz said:

I had no idea you were going through this.  You are very blessed to have survived.  My prayers are with you.

Karen Knegten said:

Oh, I should take a new picture.  It is not very organized right now.  The medical situation for the last two years has put me behind in the organization department. Funny how a burst brain aneurysm  can change your life.  Just lucky that I lived !!!!.

Yes, Karen, I remember that, we all prayed for you.  I was new to this site, and some people helping me were so concerned for you!  I prayed with them.  You are so lucky to have survived.  Must have a major contribution to society left to do.  Plus, that is one of the most difficult things to diagnose, unless it has done it's damage.  Whew.

So life is all good for you and your family, from here on out!  That is a miracle, right there, and proud to know you!  Thank God, for that! 

Good luck, and don't feel you need to apologize for anything.  Your room is gorgeous!  You would absolutely cringe if you saw mine!  I always say it's my chronic diseases that keep me from fixing it up...but, it mostly is pure recklessness, I guess I can still create in a 6 X 6 work area, with the mess all around, so why bother?  I am sooo bad!!!  True confession!  haha

Well, when something like you experienced happens, one puts things into perspective. I know I do! My house is not the neatest but I am happy doing my crafting and I think it helps keep me sane and also helps me forget the pain I sometimes have. Whereas, cleaning does not do the same thing for me. LOL I clean now and then but if each time I reorganize things I find I seem to loose things. And, Heaven forbid, if someone else does the organizing. Then I am completely lost. One of my children did that for me and I swear things I thought I had seemed to just up and leave. And, I think those messy Gremlins Anna come to my house while I am sleeping too! (Yeah! Wish that was the reason why!) If I take time to keep things clean all the time I would not get anything done. I am always on the run helping hubby on this farming operation so I grab time when I can for my crafting!
Karen Knegten said:

My space is the smallest room in our house.  My husband built the cabinets and put in the countertop.....love that man! Unfortunately it looks like this most of the time.  lol

Very nice.  Neat too.

Here's my ...cave, for lack of a better word - it's not all glammed up, but my floors cleaner than Lee's!  LOL.  This is "after" 3 cards - it's usually very clean.

My cave also has a cave, called the walk through closet, where all my paper, and ribbon hoarding takes place.  We'll just leave that sight unseen. :)

Attachments:

Very nice, Cindy!  It looks like you have re-appropriated furniture for you needs.  I like that.

Very nice space, Cindy!

Nice, Cindy.  Is it in the basement?  I was trying to figure if that is carpet or tile flooring?  The ceiling tiles made me think basement.  It's huge!!! I love the blue...it's like creating in the sky!  Very very cool.

Thanks for sharing.

It will be a long time, before I show my "cave", and it's a disaster.  I have been purging in between crafting.  I just can't leave those stamps alone.  I think they call my name...subliminally!  haha

I really am so envious of these neat tidy rooms.  Wish I had the energy to do my purging and be done!  Some health issues are hinderances in a full out attack, so I nick away at it, at a snail pace!  Dumb, but true!!!  LOL

I mean, seriously, craft or clean?  Which would YOU choose???  Bawhahahaha

TFS!!!  Another beautiful craft room to aspire to!  LOL  Hmm, I think I am moving in with the tidy gals.  What, not an option?  Sheesh, it's hard being you guys' friend!!!  haha  Just kidding around.  You guys know me by now!!!  ha   Maybe I will take a pic, and post it.  Can't be much worse than Lee's before pics.  Sorry Lee, I think I have you beat, or I am a close second!!!

WOW, I love those handmade cabinets, etc.  Hmm.  My hubby needs to take a look at this.  IT IS GORGEOUS!!

I have shelves.  Actually, repurposed from hubby's old office furniture.  I took them and was grateful to have them.  ha!

I went to a furniture liquidation store, where they sell old hotel/motel furniture?  Got a 6 drawer long dresser, and you would think that the top would be a nice spacious amount of added space?  Well, it was for about 15 minutes, then, I loaded that up.

My craft table is an old kitchen table I bought second hand, and we added finials on the bottom of the legs to raise it to counter top level, which works for my back, and arthritic condition.  So, that is completely covered, and I craft in a mere 6 X 6 inch pitiful spot.  OMG, I am almost embarrassed to tell you guys about it.  Note I said "almost".

I need to thank Lee, for showing her "before" pics, that took courage that I don't possess.  But, the "after" photos are absolutely wonderful, Lee.  Good for you.  Do you hire out?  haha  Hey I am in Arizona, nicer winters than you have up north.  LOL

TFS, Sharyn, it's beautiful!!!!  I love the bead board inner area of the cabinets, your husband is quite the carpenter, a keeper, I think!!  haha  I like the colors you chose, also.  I really am inspired, but too stinking tired most of the time.  Perhaps I need an assistant.  The little preteen down the street wants to learn to make cards, hmmm, I wonder!  OMG, that would be too cruel.  haha  Just joking around.  I donate stuff to her, and my friend, whose friend is a schoolteacher.  Schoolteachers pretty much provide their own crafting supplies, so yeah, I am one popular friend! ha. 

Perhaps one day I will swallow what's left of my pride, and show and tell my "before", except I would really like to have "after" pics, also!!  That's the thing...the after photos!!!  Oh well, we shall see.  Maybe Santa will bring me something like a room organizer, or such like...bawhahahaha.

Sharyn Polesel said:

My space is the smallest room in our house.  My husband built the cabinets and put in the countertop.....love that man! Unfortunately it looks like this most of the time.  lol

Lee, I looked at your photos and gasped.  Well done on the clean up.  I'm chuckling to myself thinking you missed a huge opportunity....you could have made this clean up into a realty show!  Thank you SOOOO much for sharing!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service