stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I promised!!!  And I do have "before" and "after" photos to share!!!!  Are y'all REALLY sure???  I mean ***TRULY*** sure ready to see my "before" photos without throwing me to the sharks??????????  I bet I had the worst EVER in disorganized, cluttered stamp rooms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm embarrassed...............I need reassurance y'all will still LOVE ME!!!!!!

Views: 5344

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am loving the desk. It is beautiful and I like how you have everything so organized.

Shelly Greybeck said:
Okay, I finally got around to taking some photos of my craft room (had to tidy it up a bit first). I am lucky enough that when we built a new master suite, I was able to steal the old master bedroom for my craft room. One of the 2 mirrored closets serves as seasonal clothing/shoe storage and the other has shelving units for my SU! stamp sets (used to be a demonstrator) and other goodies.

The clear drawer units hold my embellishments, clear stamp sets, misc. wood stamps, embossing stuff, Sizzix dies, etc. and most of my designer papers on top. The table under the window is used for heat embossing, die cutting/embossing and sewing when I need to. The wooden cabinet holds a bunch of extra goodies like extra papers, beading supplies, some paper punches, laminator, etc.

The piece I like best is my big rolltop desk handed down to me from my in-laws. It holds my paper scraps, colored 8 1/2 X 11 CS (lower file drawers), punches and ribbons (middle drawers), ink and small paper scraps (top side drawers), and brads, eyelets, and buttons in the middle top drawer. It has a large surface and slide out table tops on each side above top drawers (usually where my paper cutter is kept during use), and all the little nooks and crannies for daily use. The top of the desk also provides a place for storage as well as some of my "pretties" to make it feel homey.

I have my own computer w/19" flatscreen and a Cricut next to it. My husband also mounted the TV up above to give more space. Finally, the smaller wooden shelving units hold more inks, magazines and books, my Zune and docking station for music to work to, and my photo booth for taking photos of my cards.

This is truly my "get-away" at the end of a rough day or just a place where I can get some "me" time.

Thanks!

Shelly
I agree...God first everything else second. :-) I like your space. Next your craft table, on the right side of the picture are those your punches? If so, are they standing in a bin or something? Thanks.

Again great space

Rebekka said:
Lee I just love the before picture hahaha.. Christine, I just love your cute area. Jennie you got a great spot also. Karen I could go shopping at your place :). Colleen your space is fabulous. Well here is my tiny little space, and yes it looks like this all the time.:) The table next to the craft table is were I study the bible "daily".. God first everything else second.

I am looking at all of the great spaces here and they are absolutely wonderful. It is giving me some additional ideas as I am in the process of flipping my office area to be multi- functional. I have items in the dining room for now until I get the room exactly like I want it. Will share picts once it is done. Happy Crafting
Thank you sooooo much Rebekka!!!!!!! =) =)

Rebekka said:
I love you Lee :), no matter how messy your craft room was or is :)
I loved looking at all the rooms, before and after. what great motive it is for me since i am in the middle of straightening mine up with the help of my cleaning lady I have come in once a month. she hyas great ideas so mine doesn't look messy anymore. BUT, for me it will take a while to get it the way i want it as I am on limited budget. But it will happened. thank for the inspiration and ideas.
that is a wire rack, and I have treys on one side for the flat punches, the other bigger ones hang on the wire of the rack.

Karr said:
I agree...God first everything else second. :-) I like your space. Next your craft table, on the right side of the picture are those your punches? If so, are they standing in a bin or something? Thanks.

Again great space

Rebekka said:
Lee I just love the before picture hahaha.. Christine, I just love your cute area. Jennie you got a great spot also. Karen I could go shopping at your place :). Colleen your space is fabulous. Well here is my tiny little space, and yes it looks like this all the time.:) The table next to the craft table is were I study the bible "daily".. God first everything else second.

O.k. Here's my space. It's in my basement, so there are no windows, which is the only drawback. That means I usually go down to work only in the evenings or on rainy days because I hate to waste perfectly good sunshine! On the plus side, I don't have to share with my kids or husband as I remodeled the other half as a home theatre and poker area. I do share with a couple of chinchillas and degus, but except for being noisy, they don't cause too much disruption in my space! The other good thing is there is plenty of room to host monthly gatherings of a stamping group. As with most stampers, I'm not one to spend tons of money on organizing. The yellow table was one I picked up roadside for free. The cubes were ones we used to use for the kids toys. I discovered a few years ago that the 3 drawer storage bins fit perfectly inside them. My punches are hanging on a curtain rod from Big Lots. I recently purchased the ribbon organizer for half price. However, being too cheap to buy a second, I hung cafe rods that I'd used previously. I just used some wire through the ends and hung them at varying lengths from the "official" organizer. It's hard to see, but on the long table farthest to the right, I have tubs with each of my kids names on them. As I save things or pictures for their scrapbooks, I throw them in there. Then everything is together whenever the scrapbooking urge hits. The card table is where I do my embossing and encaustic art. I have an acrylic cutting board on it to keep the top from melting! Nothing fancy, but it is very serviceable and user friendly.

you have an awesome room!!! I love how open it is and so organized!

Susan Sheahan said:
O.k. Here's my space. It's in my basement, so there are no windows, which is the only drawback. That means I usually go down to work only in the evenings or on rainy days because I hate to waste perfectly good sunshine! On the plus side, I don't have to share with my kids or husband as I remodeled the other half as a home theatre and poker area. I do share with a couple of chinchillas and degus, but except for being noisy, they don't cause too much disruption in my space! The other good thing is there is plenty of room to host monthly gatherings of a stamping group. As with most stampers, I'm not one to spend tons of money on organizing. The yellow table was one I picked up roadside for free. The cubes were ones we used to use for the kids toys. I discovered a few years ago that the 3 drawer storage bins fit perfectly inside them. My punches are hanging on a curtain rod from Big Lots. I recently purchased the ribbon organizer for half price. However, being too cheap to buy a second, I hung cafe rods that I'd used previously. I just used some wire through the ends and hung them at varying lengths from the "official" organizer. It's hard to see, but on the long table farthest to the right, I have tubs with each of my kids names on them. As I save things or pictures for their scrapbooks, I throw them in there. Then everything is together whenever the scrapbooking urge hits. The card table is where I do my embossing and encaustic art. I have an acrylic cutting board on it to keep the top from melting! Nothing fancy, but it is very serviceable and user friendly.

Oh it's just wonderful Susan!! So roomy and organized!! Getting a towelbar type rod for my punches is next on my list!!!
Thanks, Lee. I have the peg board, which is a great help. It's actually one of my splurges from a couple of years ago--it's a plastic pegboard kit instead of the pegboard. It stands away from the wall a little bit so it's easier to get the pegs in. Of course, I could've just used some sort of spacer with regular pegboard, but every once in a while a girl has to splurge! Anyway, the curtain rod is just attached by setting it in J hooks on the pegboard. Nice and simple. It started out only about half the width of the pegboard and has since extended to the full length!

Lee Murphy said:
Oh it's just wonderful Susan!! So roomy and organized!! Getting a towelbar type rod for my punches is next on my list!!!
Thanks, Olga. It's not always this clean. I get in card-making frenzies and everything is out at once! IT's also hard to tell, but I do have labels on all my drawers. Makes it even easier when my stamp group meets for people to get up and find what they need themselves.

Olga said:
you have an awesome room!!! I love how open it is and so organized!

wow, great space Susan! thanks for sharing - I used to have a pegboard at my last house craft room, it was great! I hope t hang some rods to line up my punches at our new house, hope it will work out! right now they're just thrown in some storage drawers and it's a pain trying to find what I want! love the ribbon storage too!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service