stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

We are aware of some spamming issues within Stamp TV overnight and this morning.  Just wanted to remind everyone that if you receive spam (advertising things such as jobs, possible mates, lol, medical products, etc.) please let either Cat, Lee, Theresa or myself know and we will see to it they are removed from Stamp TV.  We are sorry for the inconvenience and want to keep STV a nice, happy, friendly, stamping zone and will promptly take care of the matter.  Thank you so much!!

Views: 282

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Barb.  Unfortunately part of the ads that Ning runs are local ads.  Stamp TV does not endorse any political views in any way.  But because we don't get to choose what ads run.....local ads of many types will show up depending on your local IP address for your computer.  So since I'm in Colorado I don't ever see any local ads, political or otherwise, for Wisconsin.  We can check with Ning to see if they have an option that we are not aware of to skip political ads.

Lee--If you can check to see that Political ads are off limits--that would be wonderful.  I really do not want to come to this site and see a political ad with an attached video at the top of the page I am reading................................... 

Lee, GKD DT/Moderator said:

Hi Barb.  Unfortunately part of the ads that Ning runs are local ads.  Stamp TV does not endorse any political views in any way.  But because we don't get to choose what ads run.....local ads of many types will show up depending on your local IP address for your computer.  So since I'm in Colorado I don't ever see any local ads, political or otherwise, for Wisconsin.  We can check with Ning to see if they have an option that we are not aware of to skip political ads.

I received an email this morning June 13, 2012 from a "Pat Wentworth" directed to all members of my Stamp TV group "Newfoundland Stampers" with a link advertising "Health Coverage cheaper than my group plan at work". I checked to see if he or she is a member of my group and is not. Hope you can look into it to see how they could have access to this group.

I received that as well Cheryl, and see that she is already removed.  Thanks ladies!!

Usually our spammers don't have "normal" names and addresses, so it's easy to spot them and just not approve their membership.  This one sneaked by! LOL

Hi Guys,

I received an email from STV this morning from a person called 'Juliana' requesting me to contact her on a private email as she wanted to befriend me. It sounds like another spammer.

It is!  We got her....and the only way we know about those types of spammers is from you all. They are sneaky that way!  Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks Lee! You guys rock!

I received the same email.  Glad I didn't accept her as a friend.  I thought she was fishy. Her page was marked private.  Thanks for catching this.

I got that email too, I did not accept....her profile was private. Thanks Lee !

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Get Social with us!

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service