stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I saw a video where Gina used colored sharpie markers.  Can someone please put some information about these markers.    I'm sort of  new to stamping.  I've used water color pencils, tomboy, and regular coloring pencils.  I want to try sharpie but I would like more info.

Thanks

Views: 498

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't have sharpies but I have other well known alcohol markers.  Alcohol markers are alcohol markers what changes is the ink and nib.  The ink can only change so much because it is alcohol based.  The nibs are quite different.  I think all markers have their good points though admit my preference is for the brush nib on an artist level brand (lots of people don't like it). My "tip" would be to invest in Sharpies (good brand and marker) and to find a colorless blender  you can do a lot with a blender pen to take away color and texture effects.

Buying Sharpies is a good point.  It doesn't over invest you if you don't like them and can be used with other brands if  you want more or different colors that aren't in the Sharpies selection.  HTH.

The drawback to Sharpies for me is that they aren't refillable.

Well, thank you kristen K for the information.

I don't have Sharpies but I do have sets of Bic which are far more reasonable than the Copics or Spectrum Noir and other brands. But there are not as many colors to choose from but I still use them a lot. I would try either the Sharpies or Bic before investing in higher price ones to see if you like working with alcohol ink markers. The Bic are not refillable either. And, like Kristen said, get a blender to use with them. I have a Copic blender and that works wonderfully with them. I also have the Spectrum Noir ones too. I like them too, and they are cheaper than the Copics and are refillable too.

Thank you Verna.  I do have a blender that I will try with the sharpie's. 

Verna Angerhofer said:

I don't have Sharpies but I do have sets of Bic which are far more reasonable than the Copics or Spectrum Noir and other brands. But there are not as many colors to choose from but I still use them a lot. I would try either the Sharpies or Bic before investing in higher price ones to see if you like working with alcohol ink markers. The Bic are not refillable either. And, like Kristen said, get a blender to use with them. I have a Copic blender and that works wonderfully with them. I also have the Spectrum Noir ones too. I like them too, and they are cheaper than the Copics and are refillable too.

The Sharpies smell so if you are sensitive, beware!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service