stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I ordered Memento dew drops in amazon I was very happy until I tried them. When I stamp I get white spots and some order areas with more ink. I also notice that after inking up the stamp I get like bubbles of ink on the stamp. 

I'm a beginner stamper but I will appreciate your comments and any help.

Rachel.

Tags: dew, drops, memento

Views: 1804

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

51 views and zero replies... not nice :(

I have a bunch of them and never had a problem. Sometimes it depends on thr stamps you are using too. The clear sometimes need "conditioning" by rubbing them with a pencil eraser or if you have a Versamark inkpad coat your stamp with that then use the colored ink. Be sure to clean your stamp before you put it back into the Versamark. Gina's stamps are great right out of the package. 

I have Versamark inkpad I'll give it a try. Thanks for your help :-)

Rachel, have you tried 'rubbing' back and forth after 'hitting' the stamp onto the ink pad (or vice versa)?  I find it works for me, especially with large, blocky stamps.  Sometimes, when I hit the ink pad too hard, little bubbles show up, but it has never interfered with the actual impression.  Also, give the stamp a second or two to release the ink.  Hope that helps.

Like Robin, I found that most clear stamps purchased from Michaels Stores, JoAnn's Fabric, and Hobby Lobby need to be "conditioned" by rubbing an eraser over the image or stamping with Versamark ink before they will hold the ink properly. Gina K. stamps work perfectly every time, without having to do anything special to them.

Have fun!

:-)

Thank you all for your tips, I tried rubbing my stamps but it didn't work. Maybe my technique is not the best one but I won't give up, I'll try what Gabi told me and I'll let you know my results. Happy stamping!

I don't have any of those ink pads. I see there quite a few replies. Hope it helped! I am kind of a newbie myself!

I just paid a lot of money for a lot of Momento Dew Drops (24) and am quite disappointed with them also.  I thought I would get a large assortment of colors and get stocked all at once.  I thought Momento was a very good name so I went all out.  Most of them are almost dry and I can't figure out how to remoisten them.  I've tried spritzing but that doesn't seem to do anything.  The lighter colors are the worst.  I haven't had a "bubbles" problem with them though.

I use them often and have found that you need to pat the memento dew drop rather than swipe it over the stamp. You may try using scrap paper and stamping your image multiple times until it takes the ink correctly before you try to use it on your project cardstock. You may have gotten a damaged set, try buying a 4 pack and see if they do diff entry. I use lots of Dew drop colors, and Tim Holtz Distress inks with great results!

I have never had a problem with my dew drops or the larger pads of memento ink. If it doesn't get better with the suggestions given by some others here and most of the set is doing it I would see about returning them. They must be faulty in some way if nothing helps.

Barbara, I am so surprised to hear you are having trouble with your dew drops.  I have all 3 of the sets of 12 dew drops (36) and have had very little trouble.  I keep them stored upside-down to keep the ink near the top.  On the rare occasion I don't think the dew drop is juicy enough I spritz it with a bottle of ink refresher (Inkssentials).  That has always been sufficient.  I realize a dew drop doesn't hold a lot of ink & always intended to buy reinkers as needed for the colors I use most often.  So far I have tuxedo black. Mine seem to be holding up well. I'm sorry yours aren't.

Barbara W said:

I just paid a lot of money for a lot of Momento Dew Drops (24) and am quite disappointed with them also.  I thought I would get a large assortment of colors and get stocked all at once.  I thought Momento was a very good name so I went all out.  Most of them are almost dry and I can't figure out how to remoisten them.  I've tried spritzing but that doesn't seem to do anything.  The lighter colors are the worst.  I haven't had a "bubbles" problem with them though.

I am disappointed with Memento inks, too. My first ink pads were great, and still are, but the most recent purchases (when the new colours came out) have been watery and leave bubbles on the stamp, so Leave an uneven impression. I won't be buying any more Memento inks...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service