stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Printing with Gina K heavy ase weight pure luxory cardstock

Does anyone print on the heavy weight cardstock and if so what settings do yo use on your printer.

I have two printers and can't seem to get either one to print on this cardstock without jaming the printer.  I assume it is just too thick!  Trying to print a printable that I pinned from pintrest on this nice ivory colored cardstock and it just doesn't want to cooperate.  Can anyone give me any advise.

Views: 248

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No,  You cant print on that heavy of cardstock with any printer that I have found!  BUT, the 80lb ivory and the 80lb white pure luxury cardstock works beautifully!  :D 

And a suggestion for you...if I feel like I need to put something I printed onto heavier cardstock, I print on the 80lb, then glue it to the heavy base weight.  Cant tell it either!  And I've done that and fussy cut even with it!  :D

Thank you so much.  Will keep that in mind about using the thinner and then gluing.  I just assumed you could use it for printing and thought I was not using the correct setting on printer.   

Hi girls... I have a Canon MX882. I cannot print heavy card from the cassette feeder on the front of my printer... but can print my heavy weight GK card stock from the back feeder.    ;D    It took me over a year of having the printer until I thought to try it!  LOL

Hi Ruby, when I need to use Gina K's heavier weight card-stock. I use my photo tray on my printer. Photo paper is thicker than regular printer paper, so your photo tray can handle a heavier weight paper/card-stock. The only downfall is that you have a limited size you can print 5x7 or smaller. I hope this is helpful to you. Have a great day!!! :0)

HI Ruby, I have the HP Photosmart 8180 and found if I only have a few pieces of paper in the feeder it will go through with no problem, If I have more it jams. Hope this helps:)

Never thought of cutting down the paper and putting in my photo tray or placing it in from the back.  thanks for the help girls!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service