stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I heard from a very dear friend of mine today, that her 38 year old son has just been diagnosed with colon/rectal cancer. He is facing 6 weeks of chemo and radiation, before they can do the surgery, hoping to shrink the tumor- so he can avoid a permanent colostomy bag for the rest of his life. He has just recently gotten engaged. If you could offer up a prayer for Kevin, both his mom, Susie and I would be so grateful. Thank you so much!

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will pray for him and his family. I am sure the past year felt like several had passed by. I cannot begin to imagine and hope I never have to experience that. Sounds like he has a great personality and attitude. That makes a big difference when dealing with something like this.
Melissa
Susie,

Thanks so much for keeping up in the loop with the Kevin's progress. You can count on everyone here to keep him in prayer as he goes to the upcoming appointments. I ask our heaven Father to bless Kevin from the top of his head to the tip of his toes. May Kevin know that God is good even in the midst of trials and tribulations. Tell him to praise God at all times! God is good all the time!!! Keep me posted!!! Tell Kevin LaShawnda said to keep his head up and don't look back because the BEST is yet to come! Woot! Woot!
LaShawnda-Thank you so much for your kind words. I will be sure to pass this along to Susie and Kevin.

LaShawnda said:
Susie,

Thanks so much for keeping up in the loop with the Kevin's progress. You can count on everyone here to keep him in prayer as he goes to the upcoming appointments. I ask our heaven Father to bless Kevin from the top of his head to the tip of his toes. May Kevin know that God is good even in the midst of trials and tribulations. Tell him to praise God at all times! God is good all the time!!! Keep me posted!!! Tell Kevin LaShawnda said to keep his head up and don't look back because the BEST is yet to come! Woot! Woot!
oh I am so sorry.... I have a friend who SURVIVED that.... so will pray hopefully. I just lost my nephew (35) from a different kind of cancer so understand the emotional pain... praying for you too, Karen... LindaD from MGC

Linda- Thank you for your kind thoughts.  I think you missed this update on the previous page-from Kevin's mom:

I just heard from my friend Susie- with a "good news" Kevin update! Thank you to all of you that have included him in your prayers!
Dear Family and Friends,
Well...as of Mon. November 29th...NO MORE CHEMO TREATMENTS!! Yep, Kevin is done, Wed. December 1st he was disconnected from the pump for the last time! In Kevin's words posted on facebook:
"LET ME TELL YOU I AM OVERCOME WITH JOY! AND I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THEiR KIND AND SUPPORTIVE WORDS AND PRAYERS...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! HALF WAY HOME WITH THIS JOURNEY!"

Again, thank you all for your prayers and support! It has meant so much to Kevin and our family. We know that the prayers on his behalf have been what has got him through the really tough times during the 12 chemo treatments. God is so GOOD! He never fails us! He has a CT scan scheduled for next Thurs. the 9th to see how everything is doing after the chemo treatments and we will see the Oncologist Mon. the 13th to get the go ahead to schedule the reversal surgery in Jan. I would say the journey is 75% "behind" him!" It's been a long year, yet it has gone by so quickly since his diagnosis Dec. 17, 2009. I am so proud of how Kevin has handled it all, he has remained positive, upbeat and giving his all at his job! He has many funny stories about the whole process! And they are FUNNY, some gross, but nevertheless FUNNY!!
Love to all,

Susie

oh I am so sorry.... I have a friend who SURVIVED that.... so will pray hopefully. I just lost my nephew (35) from a different kind of cancer so understand the emotional pain... praying for you too, Karen... LindaD from MGC

I received a Kevin update from my dear friend Susie today!

Good Morning!
Kevin's surgery yesterday went very well!  He is now free of the bag and the chest port!  He is so happy, although in pain!  He suffered from a lot of nausea and throwing up...but I talked to him this morning and the nausea has subsided...YEAH!  He will be in the hospital 3-4 days.
Thank you all for your love, support and prayers for Kevin!  God has really provided during this last year and He will continue to bless!
Love,
Susie

I just found this thread today Karen - I am glad to hear Kevin is doing better and hope his pain and nausea subsides soon!  My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with him and his family and friends.
Oh, thank you so much!  He has been through so much, and God has blessed him with so many wonderful people praying for him.

Crafty Math Chick said:
I just found this thread today Karen - I am glad to hear Kevin is doing better and hope his pain and nausea subsides soon!  My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with him and his family and friends.
I don't know how I missed this, Karen.  Will add Kevin and his family to my prayers.  So happy that so much of this is over for him.
Keeping Kevin in prayers.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service