stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

well for you that have tried both whats the pros and cons?

Views: 1514

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm excited because I just ordered the starter pack plus the bonus 40. I am very anxious to work with them. Thanks for all this great info Jessica.
Do you use the Gina k luxury paper or something else?
actually, I do - it's my preferred cardstock layering base weight for my coloring-it just blends like a dream. Jessica stamped one of her cards she shared on watercolor paper, though & it looks nice! I just am not crazy about how watercolor paper 'takes' my image because of the bumpiness - GK's cardstock is smooth and I prefer the crisp look of my images. I promise I'll take a picture of my peerless palette & show you-by the morning, k??

Amy H said:
Do you use the Gina k luxury paper or something else?
I actually think i m gonna sell my normal pencils and buy this instead.
sounds easier and better
I just bought peerless watercolors yesterday and made a palette similar to Jessica's and Donna's. I was wondering about what paper to use also. I am going to listen to Donna and try the pure luxury.
here's the pic I promised of my palette - I made mine first with just the starter pack colors because that's all I thought were available at the time and my sheet is scored in 2 spots because I created this to be portable - it fits perfectly inside my stamp storage case along with my waterbrush and stamped images. so when I got the 40 bonus pack I wasn't quite able to fit them all on the same sheet but it's o.k. with me! Next time I can though. I have some on the bottom flap at the back, which gets folded up.

The palette I use in the right side of the picture I got at my favorite things but you can use any surface that is non-porous such as clear plastic case or a watercolor palette you can get at a local store. I use it to have a palette to put excess color if I don't want it to color with (too much ink picked up) but then it's there for when I want to blend colors!

did I say you can do that? I discovered a perfect match for Kiwi Kiss using Olive & Amber Yellow last night! I have to note that. on top of where I wrote the color name, I swiped color so I could see it - that's why I put my squares on white cardstock. hope this helps you!!

Wow Donna! Your palette looks way better than mine! Your rows are so nice and neat! Thank you for sharing!
And I got to make one at Donna's!!!! It's soooooooooooo awesome!!!!! :)
Donna Baker said:
here's the pic I promised of my palette - I made mine first with just the starter pack colors because that's all I thought were available at the time and my sheet is scored in 2 spots because I created this to be portable - it fits perfectly inside my stamp storage case along with my waterbrush and stamped images. so when I got the 40 bonus pack I wasn't quite able to fit them all on the same sheet but it's o.k. with me! Next time I can though. I have some on the bottom flap at the back, which gets folded up.

That's looking great.

Thaniks
The palette I use in the right side of the picture I got at my favorite things but you can use any surface that is non-porous such as clear plastic case or a watercolor palette you can get at a local store. I use it to have a palette to put excess color if I don't want it to color with (too much ink picked up) but then it's there for when I want to blend colors!

did I say you can do that? I discovered a perfect match for Kiwi Kiss using Olive & Amber Yellow last night! I have to note that. on top of where I wrote the color name, I swiped color so I could see it - that's why I put my squares on white cardstock. hope this helps you!!

Amy H said:
Donna Baker said:

That's looking great.

Thaniks

Thanks for sharing, now I did to get the peerless watercolors.
Donna, I LOVE your palette!! What a great idea to score it to make it portable and a smaller size!! Thanks for sharing.
well thanks to you, Jessica, for sharing the idea to begin with! isn't it fun how we share and can tweak ideas to work for us?

Jessica Fick said:
Donna, I LOVE your palette!! What a great idea to score it to make it portable and a smaller size!! Thanks for sharing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service