stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

How does everyone keep track of what sentiments they have?  With all the stamp sets I have, I forget how many different *thank you* stamps, or birthday sentiments I have.  Aside from going through each stamp set every time I'm making a card, what can I do?  HELP!!  :)

Views: 382

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a 5 1/2 x 8 binder with sleeves. I keep a copy of all my stamps in it, numbered as to where it is. When looking for something I just flip through it. This works for me as get tired of everything on the computer. (Did so much computer work when I was working, avoid it now that retired!). Just another option.

Thanks!  I'll take as many ideas as I can get!  
Diana Scott said:

I have a 5 1/2 x 8 binder with sleeves. I keep a copy of all my stamps in it, numbered as to where it is. When looking for something I just flip through it. This works for me as get tired of everything on the computer. (Did so much computer work when I was working, avoid it now that retired!). Just another option.

It was almost a year to date when there was a similar discussion about organizing stamps I think by Sylvia Rivera? I bookmarked the discussion for later reference, but when I opened it up the discussion had been removed. Did anyone print it out and if so could I make arrangements with you to get them? Also at the same time I think Gina gave us her choice for bags that were heavier than Avery's brand? Any help is appreciated, I think the above suggestions are excellent and I am going to use them. What I especially liked about the previous post was that she showed us her numbering system for cross reference. Thank you.

I do something similar.  I like to be able to sit on the coach and flip through the binder.  :)

Diana Scott said:

I have a drawer which holds all my stamp sets (I have only GKD stamps).  In the front, I have a small section of 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 card stock sheets with tags in various categories. Most categories have several sheets, but only the first one has the tag. Each single stamp gets stamped on a sheet in whatever category it goes under (i.e., flowers, trees and leaves, birthday, etc.) and I write the stamp set it's from over it.  When I need a birthday sentiment, I take out the cards that belong to that category, find what I want, and get the corresponding set out of the drawer.  It's really simple, but it works for me.  It keeps me from having to go through all of the sets to find a certain stamp.  It works, if you don't have gobs of stamps.

I started with basic and it worked with the pictures (attach them, do not drag and drop.  they do not show in the thumbprints.  depending on how much you have,  you may need to use the paid (but not premium) - based on storage needed.  It was under $40 for the year, and it does a great job.

Melissa Moro said:

OMG...I use Evernote...but never knew you could tag with pics!!  Wow...may have to figure that out!!  I only have the basic Evernote and use notes (mostly to keep lists of what embossing folders, spellbinders etc that I own) , is that all I need?    Thank you!!
Mary Kay Werry said:

many of us use Evernote.  It lets you have pictures of the stamp set, and you can 'tag' the set with what is in it that you many want to look up.  Put in Thanks,  and you would get the list and pictures of any stamp sets you 'tagged' with Thanks.

This is a screen shot of the thumbprints with EVernote Plus.  I can access , search on both my PC and my cell phone.

just providing info,  I am still in the process of finishing my inventory.

Mary Kay Werry said:

I started with basic and it worked with the pictures (attach them, do not drag and drop.  they do not show in the thumbprints.  depending on how much you have,  you may need to use the paid (but not premium) - based on storage needed.  It was under $40 for the year, and it does a great job.

Melissa Moro said:

OMG...I use Evernote...but never knew you could tag with pics!!  Wow...may have to figure that out!!  I only have the basic Evernote and use notes (mostly to keep lists of what embossing folders, spellbinders etc that I own) , is that all I need?    Thank you!!
Mary Kay Werry said:

many of us use Evernote.  It lets you have pictures of the stamp set, and you can 'tag' the set with what is in it that you many want to look up.  Put in Thanks,  and you would get the list and pictures of any stamp sets you 'tagged' with Thanks.

I also use a binder.  HERE is a link to my blog describing how I organize and find my stamps.

Diana Scott said:

Hi Sharon, I'm not sure if this is the post you were talking about but I found this one:  http://stamptv.ning.com/forum/topics/how-do-you-organize-your-stamps. Hope it helps.

Sharon Boge said:

It was almost a year to date when there was a similar discussion about organizing stamps I think by Sylvia Rivera? I bookmarked the discussion for later reference, but when I opened it up the discussion had been removed. Did anyone print it out and if so could I make arrangements with you to get them? Also at the same time I think Gina gave us her choice for bags that were heavier than Avery's brand? Any help is appreciated, I think the above suggestions are excellent and I am going to use them. What I especially liked about the previous post was that she showed us her numbering system for cross reference. Thank you.

I am an organizer by nature; particularly enjoy the process.  I actually have to be careful not to over-organize. In the end I will spend all of my time sorting and no time crafting.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service