stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I just saw an interesting poll at Splitcoaststampers. The poll was whether or not nudity should be allowed in the gallery. (I supposed you can buy stamps of nude people or body parts, not sure.) Anyway, I voted no.

A few people disagreed with me. But since this is MY gallery, (LOL) I will just quickly state this:

You can upload any paper craft project you wish to our gallery, however, if the image is of a person and any body parts are exposed that would not be acceptable to expose on a public beach where children are playing, then it will be removed from the gallery. ( I know that there are nude beaches but I'm not talking about those. You know what I mean.) :)

Cute Bellas in swimsuits are great! Nothing naughty please. We do have children who love to stamp and use our gallery for inspiration and to learn about cardmaking. Let's let them learn that other stuff from their Moms and Dads! ;)

I welcome your comments here.

Views: 1919

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gina, In my opinion you are right!

I totally agree with your stand on this matter.  Your house, your rules. Period.   I am good with that.

Plus, it's a card gallery, and should be treated with respect and good manners. Plenty of "other" places to go for that other stuff, I am sure.

I agree with you. It just isn't necessary. When I come to Stamp TV I want to see projects with inks, flowers, die cuts etc. NOT nudity. Thank you for voting no. I think most of us agree with you on this issue.

I agree, that should be left to the parents not a "public" website. Gina, you are right with your decision.

Ran across this forum discussion again, and I still am so glad you took a stance like this Gina. I totally agree!

Thank you. I agree with you. Not only is it inappropriate because of children viewing the gallery, but I (for one) would not be interested in seeing that. I, personally visit the galleries for inspiration, something that will encourage someone and I don't think that will be an encouragement.

Thanks again for standing firm.

Hugs 'N Blessings

What??? There are people who want to post nude stuff??? I am so happy you have taken this stand. There is enough garbage out there, this is a place to display creations of paper and such. I really do not understand why there is nudity on SCS. 

Thankfully, you have integrity, and I will continue to support this site, your products, the lovely people here. 

Happy New year Gina and ALL!

Cynthia....it's that there have been a few cards/scrapbook pages made with mostly nude stamped images...like calender girl type things.  And while I agree with Gina's stand....I didn't want you to think that people were posting tons of adult nude photos! LOL

Hooray! Gina, I am 100% plus behind your decision. Wish more people would do what you do. thanks Heaps, and Heaps.

Thank you for addressing this, Gina.  We need more people like you (& those who are supporting this) to take a stand for "doing the right thing"!

Thank you again for keeping this such a creative site and also a safe place for everyone. My niece just started stamping and I sent her a lot of supplies and told my sister (her Grandma) that they could come here to get ideas and tips. I stressed to her this was a completely safe site for my niece to navigate. THANK YOU!!! 

Lee, I recently joined SCS, and was a bit surprised by this. I didn't think it was photos, though! LOL That would be a whole different thing! LOL..I didn't know there were stamps like that!!! Happy New Year Lee!

Lee, GKD DT/Moderator said:

Cynthia....it's that there have been a few cards/scrapbook pages made with mostly nude stamped images...like calender girl type things.  And while I agree with Gina's stand....I didn't want you to think that people were posting tons of adult nude photos! LOL

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service