stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Greetings StampTV World!  I have been quietly lurking the backgraounds of this WONDERFUL site. I really enjoy seeing the tips and techniques videos by Gina K.   I also enjoy looking at the awesome creativity of the StampTV community.  I finally decided to signup for the site when my husband met an awesome group of ladies at the Winston-Salem Stamp Show.  They had joined him at one of the tables as he waited for me to do a little shopping. They were really nice! When I came over to drop off my haul, I saw them all sitting there and made a joke about it. We all laugh and snapped pictures of the scene. It was so funny!  Hello to those great ladies and I look forward to chatting with you all.

Happy Crafting!
Karr

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome, Karr! So glad you decided to join us! You have nothing to lose and everything to win here at Stamp TV. I heard the story of you coming back to the table with you hubby surrounded by these ladies and it made me giggle. Olga told me about it before your post. You met a great group of gals and I wish I had been there! Before long you will be posting and winning on here! Enjoy and don't be afraid to ask questions if you get stuck.
Hi Karr!!!!!!!!! So glad you dropped in! Can't wait to see what you bring to us. Ask your wonderful hubby if you need help LOL. We talked his ear off but it was fun! Oh yeah, did the Mother In Law like?
Hi Karr...yes, so did the MIL like the funny photo. Your dh got quite an education in the fanatical hobby of paper crafting and he was taking it all in.... He should be able to answer a lot of questions as we were mulling over the best place to purchase Copics and the newest trends in papercrafting. Jump right in and play along... Gina has the best tutorials here and I have learned a ton since STV started.
Hiya Karr! Sooo glad to meet you too! Yep, we do have some awesome ladies here and I am so thrilled to be part of this community too!
Hi, Karr! I'm so glad you decided to come out and say hi. Nice to meet you! How fun that you and your husband ran into the STV ladies. :)
Hi Karr!!!! And a big ole welcome to Stamp TV!!!! You know I'm envious you got to meet these ladies in real life!!! What a wonderful visit for you all!!! Please jump on in and don't be afraid to ask any questions!! So happy to have you here!! =)
Hello everyone and thank you for the warm reception.

We have not showed the photo to the in-laws, but they will see it the weekend when we see them. :-) I am sure they will get a kick out of it as well. Hubby had a good time and said 'HI' ! He went with me last year to the CK Convention and enjoyed that as well.

I look forward to participating and sharing some of my work (although a little nervous :-) ) I will try not to ask too many questions. I guess one of my only questions is when you are making a card, say 4.5 x 5.25, how do you determine the proper layer sizes? Going down a 1/8 or 1/4, I understand but it is some of the other cool stuff I have seen you all do that I am curious about.

Again HELLO and I look forward to chatting it up with everyone here at StampTV community. I will be posting some pictures soon and you all can let me know what you think. I want to ensure I put them the proper place on the site.
Karr, I just layer my card about 1/4 inch smaller than the card base and work back from there. For me it is just a preference having them evened out all the way around, a bit OCD in that department I am afraid, lol! Gina has measurements on her cards that you see she showcases on the main page. That is so helpful for many stampers.
Also, ask whatever questions you need to... Looking forward to seeing your projects and we can walk you through that too if you need help.

Karr said:
Hello everyone and thank you for the warm reception.

We have not showed the photo to the in-laws, but they will see it the weekend when we see them. :-) I am sure they will get a kick out of it as well. Hubby had a good time and said 'HI' ! He went with me last year to the CK Convention and enjoyed that as well.

I look forward to participating and sharing some of my work (although a little nervous :-) ) I will try not to ask too many questions. I guess one of my only questions is when you are making a card, say 4.5 x 5.25, how do you determine the proper layer sizes? Going down a 1/8 or 1/4, I understand but it is some of the other cool stuff I have seen you all do that I am curious about.

Again HELLO and I look forward to chatting it up with everyone here at StampTV community. I will be posting some pictures soon and you all can let me know what you think. I want to ensure I put them the proper place on the site.
hi Karr - can you tell I'm behind in reading posts LOL
saw Jennie had already given you the measurements most of us use...welcome to STV!
Hi Linda! No worries, I am behind as well. I have been looking at the posting but behind in posting. I am looking forward to participating in some of the challenges and meeting everyone.
linda payne said:
hi Karr - can you tell I'm behind in reading posts LOL
saw Jennie had already given you the measurements most of us use...welcome to STV!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service