stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I need some advice.  Since all of you are making cards, I'm sure you can help me with this.  I've been asked by family and friends to put something on the back of my cards to let people know that I actually made them by hand.

At this point, I've been hand-writing my name on the back, but that is becoming tedious, especially for card sets I give away.  What do you all do?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Views: 1220

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great ideas, Jane!  Never thought of doing it that way.

Jane said:

Gabi one other thought you said you are making card sets:

If you print them with your printer it takes little or no time to 

print out 50 or more. I use photo shop but any soft ware will

work. That way you have your format set up and you just pull

it up when you need it. Just a thought..

I found this stamp that says "Toadily handmade" and has a little frog on it in the middle of the words. 

I used to put my initials by it, when I started but... now, that logo has somehow become mine, so no need to sign or initial it.   To me, that was funny. 

I got it by quite by accident, on a sale, and fell in love with it right off.  Fits my personality, a funny pun type handmade stamp!

I learned something just now...I didn't realize that GKD sold a stamp set for this purpose.   

I could "Toadily" change over. 

But, then again... like someone else said, my peeps look at that logo, and know it's a card from ME!!! LOL

BTW, once I forgot to stamp the back, and my Aunt asked me if I bought that particular card, because: my logo wasn't on the back.  haha  

So I guess a lot of our peeps look at that!  Who knew?

Gabi, let us know what you ended up doing.  I like to know the outcomes to these reach out discussions. 

Good luck.

That 'toadily hand made' stamp is cute, Anna!  Still looking for a perfect solution.  In the mean time I got two different stamps with my name.  One is very small, the other one a little too much for my taste, so I cut it down (it had some flowers around it).  I would love to design my own, but don't really know how to go about doing that.  For now, I just use the two I have.

Thanks for all of your help everyone! 

I just googled "design your own rubber stamp" and a bunch of sites popped up.  I didn't really look that closely at what was involved or what the cost was, but it looks like they have templates or design wizards to help you.  One site allowed you to send them original artwork.  Sounded interesting.

Gabi Heinrich said:

That 'toadily hand made' stamp is cute, Anna!  Still looking for a perfect solution.  In the mean time I got two different stamps with my name.  One is very small, the other one a little too much for my taste, so I cut it down (it had some flowers around it).  I would love to design my own, but don't really know how to go about doing that.  For now, I just use the two I have.

Thanks for all of your help everyone! 

Hi Gabi,

I purchased a personalized name stamp from a company called Whimsey Stamps.  Check them out because they design specialized stamps.  I got a very pretty one if you look at my cards here on this site.

Hi Gabi,  Here is a link to Whimsey Stamps that I have purchased for my cards and they have a lot of choices.  Have fun deciding what you want.  http://www.whimsystamps.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13

I purchased a couple name stamps which I put on the back of my cards most of the time. Depends on if I remember. LOL One simply says: Created by Verna

I found a company online which sold them. I did a search engine and this company popped up and I ordered a couple different varieties.

Hi Gabi,

i made my labels in the follow way:

I take a self-adhesive paper (Avery, Dataline, Apli, ...) in the format A4, our standard for copying-paper.

I make a file in Exell. Set the line-hight in 8 points. Set the column-widt so that it match with te tekst you will type (Handmade by Gabi Heinrich ? ).

Note use a full-A4 self sticking paper (Avery 2574  or Avery 3478).

Save your file and print it on your printer.

In my case I can make 6 columns of 33 labels = 198 labels from 1 A4-paper.

I cut them with a guide and a normal hobby-knife. This is a very cheep solution. You have just to peel off and stick, on the card.

Greetings from Gerard from Belgium.

Thanks everyone for your input!  Now I can spend the rest of the day researching the optimal version!  So many possibilities!  You guys rock!  Thanks again and have a happy, creative day!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service