stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

From Millan.NetFrom Millan.Net

Well is a crazy late Winter/early Spring or what???  Some of you are having record cold and snows....some of us are heading for drought and already in mud instead of snow!!!!  I'll make a deal with some of you in the polar vortex and snow zone...you send me your snow and I'll happily take it and send you my mud! LOL

Now what the heck does that have to do with a stamping challenge??  Ohhhh I'm sooo happy you asked!!!  Since the weather can't make up it's mind....I couldn't either!!!  ;)  So I have a fun one for you!!!  The challenge is to make a WINTER card but you have to use SPRING colors in a combination not used in winter themed cards!!!!  So some of you smart alecs....you may NOT use red and green just cuz they're the colors of roses!  Ha!

I used a favorite set of mine, Theresa's Let It Snow....and the very Springy colors of Pure Luxury Wild Dandelion and Wild Lilac!!!  Yep..that's a yellow snowflake and no it's NOT the same as yellow snow!  I used the super cute Smitten paper pack and Gingham Ribbon.  That is the perfectly matchy-matchy Wild Lilac Ink....and this is Memento Dandelion Ink but a little birdie told me to keep an eye out for GKD Wild Dandelion Ink!!!  Shhh....I didn't say anything!   ;)

Now....get creative and fun and use some really Springy colors and make a winter beauty!!!

Be sure to have your project uploaded to the Gallery by 8:00 PM CST on Sunday, March 9th, and please use the tag STV14MON9 so we can find your project! In addition to posting your project in the Gallery, you may also post it here in the challenge thread if you'd like! ;)

A random winner will be chosen from all eligible entries to win some awesome Gina K Designs goodies!

STV14MON9 Gallery

Views: 1071

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Lee - sweet challenge and what a cutey card! I didn't know you have some mud? I thought you had tons of snow. I hope to get to play your happy challenge colors and theme :)

Going on my list of challenges for this week...

Cute card!  The purple and yellow definitely look like spring.  We had a dusting of snow last night but we still have piles and piles of snow on the ground.  I will definitely try to send it your way.  Even the private snow remover people are sick of it. : ) 

Such a cute card and a clever challenge! Will have to put some time into this one 'cause thinking hurts! Ha ha.:) Can't wait to see what you great gals come up with.

Such a pretty card! I think I'll be up for this one!

Well, you certainly know how to come up with awesome and sometimes bizzaar challenges but I think I might have done this one okay. At any rate, I tried to comply with all the requirements. It is a wintery scene in spring colors. And, I must say I do love the one you did and those colors really do speak of spring. I wanted to go a bit different than your colors, so I chose yellow and pink mainly. HERE is my entry!

Will winter NEVER end!!  I agree with Doris W.  you can have all of my snow, too!  Spring colors....winter stamps...hmmm.

I will admit your card is adorable but that yellow snowflake looks more like sunshine to me :)

Ugh! I'm so done with winter! But one last card for you Lee!

I googled the 2014 Spring colors and came up with some Pantone shades of which I played off.  For Freesia I used Lemon Drop and Magenta Purple used wild lilac ink.  I wanted a sand colored ink but someone didn't order that so substituted with honey mustard.  In order to make the ink a little softer, I stamped off once and then added some glitter with the Sakura Clear Star pen.  Now can we have SPRING???  Here's my card.  TFL

I would like to participate and have created my card, but I have never done this before and I do not know how to upload the photo I took with my Ipad. Could someone help me with the insteuctions on how to do this? Thanks! Sure looks like fun!
I had so much fun with this. I used Dogwood & Butterfly along with Let It Snow. So ready for Spring
Attachments:

Hi Cynthia....I believe I've heard from others at several stamping sites that they can't upload photos with an iPhone or iPad.  I'm sorry!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service