stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Good Monday Morning to you all! 

I am so thrilled to be hosting this week's Challenge as a February Guest Designer.  I hope you all find the time to play along! 

Today's Challenge will be to create a Shabby Chic project WITH a Matching Envelope!  Not too difficult, right???

Using one of my favorite stamp sets from the past, Sent With Love, I have created this card:

I created a frame to showcase the historic Eiffel Tower.  A little paper piercing, layered tag punch, lace, pearls, flower with jute twine with Baker's twine with button. I also gave the seam binding ribbon and doily a tea bath to age them.  Stamps colored with Copic Markers.

Bonus Points if you also complete the inside of your card and envelope!  ;)

Be sure to have your creation uploaded to the  gallery no later than Sunday, Feb. 23rd, 8PM CST.  Be sure you use the tag 'STV14MON7' so we will all be able to see and find your creation! 

We will choose a random winner from all eligible entries to win some awesome Gina K Design goodies! 

STV14MON7 GALLERY

I can not wait to see what you all create! 

ENJOY!!!

Tags: Love, STV14MON7, Sent, With

Views: 692

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Made the card...forgot the envie...back to the stamp room after supper!  

I got the card made finally...this was a major challenge...Shabby Chic is not me...my style...or my desire...

Used something non-GKD the first time...changed that to a different challenge card.

Forgot about the envie...ran back down to make it...forgot I was doing GKD and grabbed flourishes from Hobby Lobby.

Came to upload to StampTV and see that there was more to the challenge than just Shabby Chic and an envie...

Maybe later in the week I'll try again... :(

http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/shabbychicw-envie-stv14mon7?context=user

I knew you could do it, and it came out beautifully!  That's all there was to the challenge, card & envie....Perfect!  Thanks for playing along!  (you tuckered me out with all that running up and down!)  :)

kramomma said:

I got the card made finally...this was a major challenge...Shabby Chic is not me...my style...or my desire...

Used something non-GKD the first time...changed that to a different challenge card.

Forgot about the envie...ran back down to make it...forgot I was doing GKD and grabbed flourishes from Hobby Lobby.

Came to upload to StampTV and see that there was more to the challenge than just Shabby Chic and an envie...

Maybe later in the week I'll try again... :(

http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/shabbychicw-envie-stv14mon7?context=user

LOL....Kramomma you made me crack up! 

Beautiful card, Donna! Will try hard to play!

Oh boy love your shabby chicness! Sure hope I can play along with your fun challenge Donna! Rockin' the house you are!!!

Your card is so pretty.  I have never done one of these cards but had an amazing time doing this challenge. Thanks for hosting this challenge and making me create a card outside of my comfort zone    :)

Ok, Donna, here goes...this may be my first shabby chic card that didn't look so dark and just "tea stained".  My card and envie are seen here and my inside views for my most needed "bonus" points are seen here.  I think that Dark Sage is my new favorite color.  Not really satisfied with the crochet trim ribbon and wish I would have sponged more dark sage ink over it but too late now.  Thanks again for a fun challenge.  I'm loving your cards.

I know...I said I wasn't going to enter because of my computer issues but the machine is working great now that I decided to take it to the shop. Isn't that the way it always goes. Guess I need to threaten more often. It still will be going there one of these days. And, Donna, I loved the challenge and believe me it was a challenge for me as I am way out of my comfort zone doing Shabby Chic. But I did my best to try to shabby things up but still let it look a little chic. LOL HERE is my entry!

OH! MY! I almost missed this challenge, I had better get to work. Donna, this is a gorgeous card, and a good challenge.

Gorgeous Donna!! What a fabulous design.

Donna, I'm a little confused now that I've seen cards in the gallery. Some people have added a separate photo for the inside. Is this what we're meant to do? I have done my card - I loooove Shabby Chic - but not sure about the photos.

Thanks for your help!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service