stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I apologize for the lateness & hope that I created this discussion as well as I can.  I am honored that I was asked to host this weeks Mix It Up Monday Challenge, and did 3 cards just to make sure I made one worthy of being presented to all of you.  My challenge is a simple one, and its just to make a Spring or Summer card.  I live in Alaska where you get a mash up of seasons in 5 months, which I like to call "sprummerall" as the only other season is Winter.  Being from Louisiana I am used to having strawberries all the time, and being here it is $4.98 for a "2-pint" box of strawberries. 

For this card I used the Sweet Strawberries by Theresa Momber stamp set, and the Gina K. Design paper "berries & vines".  I love the gingham ribbon, as it reminds me of a picnic table.  I added a rhinestone on the sentiment, and colored the focal image with copic markers.

This card is using the same set Sweet Strawberries, which I used colored pencils and Gamsol (my favorite).  This layout is a bit simpler, and I added some twine in a button on the gingham ribbon.

This was the practice one for the layout, and it is using the same stamp set and Gamsol technique.  I embossed the green piece with my Cuttlebug, and added some Smooch shimmer spray.

Please create and upload a new project for this challenge. You may not link a previous card/project. There is no combining of Stamp TV challenges allowed to be eligible to win a prize. However, you can combine it with challenges outside of Stamp TV. And remember you don't have to use Gina K. Designs stamps, but if you do your name will go into the drawing twice!

The deadline for your challenge is Sunday May 20th at 8:00 pm CT. One week following your challenge one of the Mods will pick a winner and post in the Big News section on Stamp TV.

Have a great time creating and I can't wait to see all the wonderful cards!

Tags: STV12MON17

Views: 838

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lovely samples, Krystal!  Hope to play along with your Spring/Summer card challenge this week.

Hehehe Krystal - Just shows my ignorance. It's like people thinking we have wild animals in the streets and live in mud huts here in Johannesburg ;D

Krystal Allen said:

Riette, Alaska is just like any other city area, but from where I am you have to go about 100-400 miles away to be in the wild frontier.

I love your card! I am new to posting cards on the internet and have never done a challenge before.  How do I join this challenge? Do I upload card from here or somewhere else.  Thank you so much

You can upload it to your own gallery page, and you can put a link to it in here so that you can enter the challenge.  If you haven't already, set up your page on here, then on the left side of your page will be "photo's" once you click on it, you'll see an ADD+ at the top right, click on that and it will take you to the uploading screen.  You click on the camera image in the middle of the page, and it will let you go to the folder you have your pictures stored in.  You can only add a few pictures a day, but you can add some everyday.  Hope this helped a bit, sorry if it is vague as I am going from memory.

Kathy Frankenstein said:

I love your card! I am new to posting cards on the internet and have never done a challenge before.  How do I join this challenge? Do I upload card from here or somewhere else.  Thank you so much

What a fun challenge and your strawberry cards are fantastic!!

Here's my card for the challenge:

2 Timothy 1:7

Here is my card. I hope this works. Thank you for the fun challenge!

http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/imag1240-1

Here's another card for the challenge: Many Thanks

Help! I uploaded 2 photos for this challenge with the correct tag on them and they are not showing up in the gallery. I think I did everything right, got any ideas as to what's wrong??

There doesn't seem to be a link on this site that takes you to the page with the uploaded cards so I tried changing the addy to another site and came up with this one.  Try it:  stamptv.ning.com/photo/photo/listTagged?tag=STV12MON17

Thanks Paula for the info. I can find the gallery by going to the mixed gallery page and inserting the tag in the search box, but my cards don't show up in the MIUM gallery. They are in the mixed gallery, but not in the MIUM one. Hope my cards are included in the challenge. I do have the correct tag on them.

Open your page where your photo is, copy the URL at the top (http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/stv12mon17-1?context=user) then come into this discussion and in this comment box you see at the top LINK and paste the URL into the place, and add a word (i.e. card, photo)  Message me if that does not work? Or if the DT has any other information to help you!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service