stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I apologize for the lateness & hope that I created this discussion as well as I can.  I am honored that I was asked to host this weeks Mix It Up Monday Challenge, and did 3 cards just to make sure I made one worthy of being presented to all of you.  My challenge is a simple one, and its just to make a Spring or Summer card.  I live in Alaska where you get a mash up of seasons in 5 months, which I like to call "sprummerall" as the only other season is Winter.  Being from Louisiana I am used to having strawberries all the time, and being here it is $4.98 for a "2-pint" box of strawberries. 

For this card I used the Sweet Strawberries by Theresa Momber stamp set, and the Gina K. Design paper "berries & vines".  I love the gingham ribbon, as it reminds me of a picnic table.  I added a rhinestone on the sentiment, and colored the focal image with copic markers.

This card is using the same set Sweet Strawberries, which I used colored pencils and Gamsol (my favorite).  This layout is a bit simpler, and I added some twine in a button on the gingham ribbon.

This was the practice one for the layout, and it is using the same stamp set and Gamsol technique.  I embossed the green piece with my Cuttlebug, and added some Smooch shimmer spray.

Please create and upload a new project for this challenge. You may not link a previous card/project. There is no combining of Stamp TV challenges allowed to be eligible to win a prize. However, you can combine it with challenges outside of Stamp TV. And remember you don't have to use Gina K. Designs stamps, but if you do your name will go into the drawing twice!

The deadline for your challenge is Sunday May 20th at 8:00 pm CT. One week following your challenge one of the Mods will pick a winner and post in the Big News section on Stamp TV.

Have a great time creating and I can't wait to see all the wonderful cards!

Tags: STV12MON17

Views: 831

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Krystal, WOW on your sample cards and thanks for hosting our challenge.  I decided on a School's Out for Summer card for a special girl.  She has a great life now and is doing extremely well in school so she definitely is a star.  Here's my card.  TFL.

Krystal, your cards are beautiful.  I love strawberries.  Now I will have to get this stamp set.

Wonderful cards and great challenge!

Gorgeous card Krystal! I love the Strawberries, the layout and the green, red and black together... ;)

Thank you all for your wonderful comments, I knew when I saw the set that this image was my favorite!  There are a few steps to popping out your image w/the diamond dies.  If you only have a few sets it is a great tip to make the most of them; ready; okay so you run your paper through the Cuttlebug w/the embossing sandwich, and then cut on the lines you need to make a mat for it.  Or if you just want it to pop out, use the die you want, trace inside with a light pencil touch, and cut around it with scissors.

Just want to pop in and say I'd LOVE to go to Alaska. Maybe one day, one day :D. Hubby often checks it out on Google Earth and loves to see the sea planes and the little cabins here and there that he can spot :D

Riette, Alaska is just like any other city area, but from where I am you have to go about 100-400 miles away to be in the wild frontier.

I used my dew drop memento ink pads in ladybug and bamboo leaves.  I just inked the little images, to provide an image that let the front image shine in all its glory.  Feel free to ask me anything!

Tracy Palmer said:

Hi Krystal - I really like the practice card and how you have the main focal image colored, but the strawberries and leaves in the background just outlined in color.  Did you stamp with the red and green inks and just not color them in, or did you use color pencils and color that way?  Just love it and will give it a try

Nice job hosting, Krystal! And you made some very summery cards with the Strawberry set! Sounds like you  miss the abundant, sweet & juicy strawberries from back home. It's a shocker up in Alaska, huh? My DH is from Sitka and we know the high prices of fresh fruits and vegetables. 

Hi ! Krystal.  I just submitted my card for your challenge.  I can't see it under your tags.  I know I tagged my card.  Where do I click to see it?  Please let me know....Thanks...:)

Yes Rosy I just bought a $5 gallon of milk, lol, but yes I do miss the strawberries, and strawberry wine!  It is a better city than Alamogordo NM, but I could do without the Winter :)

I'll be hones Elizabeth, I am not even sure if I did this correctly, everyone seems to have noticed the challenge so yea for me on that one, lol, but I think when you upload your picture you can put a tag on it?

Elizabeth Carvalho said:

Hi ! Krystal.  I just submitted my card for your challenge.  I can't see it under your tags.  I know I tagged my card.  Where do I click to see it?  Please let me know....Thanks...:)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service