stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

I am honored to have been asked to host this week’s Mix It Up Monday Challenge, thank you Lori for the opportunity.

It is officially “spring”, the cloud of winter weather in the Pacific Northwest has lifted and the sun is out, well at least on occasion!  March 22nd we had a blast from the north that left us with 6 inches of fresh snow, which should explain the motivation for this challenge.

My challenge for you is “Springtime in Pastel”.  I love the softness and simplicity of spring’s first colors, pale pinks, greens, yellows, lavenders and blues.  So for this challenge I would like you to do the following:

• Solid colored cardstock in springs colors (no patterned papers)
  • Texture on your card through embossing
  • The flora of springtime

So have fun, think spring and sunshine and can’t wait to see all your beautiful cards.

Here is my sample card.

I made this card using GinaK’s Various Verses flower and sentiment stamps.  The flower was stamped using Gina’s technique coloring direct to stamp, I love the soft look it gives to that gorgeous spring flower.  The colors are from Memento Markers in Summer Sky and New Sprout and the sentiment is Memento’s Tuxedo Black.  The embossing folder is Cuttlebug’s Swiss Dot, one of my favorites and Spellbinders Reverse Wonky Rectangles.  The blue card stock is from K & Co “Hopscotch” and the white is GinaK’s Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight card stock in Pure White.  I pop dotted the focal image and used the pretty blue rhinestones from my stash as embellishment.  A very clean and simple look to this.

Your keyword for this challenge will be STV12MON10

Please use the challenge code STV12MON10 on your submissions.  Deadline for this challenge is Sunday, April 1, 2012 at 8:00 p.m. CST.

Please create and upload a new project for this challenge.  You may not link a previous card/project.  There is no combining of Stamp TV challenges allowed to be eligible to win a prize.  However, you can combine it with challenges outside of Stamp TV.  And remember you don’t have to use Gina K. Designs stamps, but if you do your name will go into the drawing twice!

You can see the entries for this challenge here:  STV12MON10

Tags: STV12MON10, gkd, variousverses

Views: 1031

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Barbara, it's been load of fun and look forward to the next challenge :) Can't wait for my GK package to arrive!

Catherine, can't wait to see who our winner is in the morning that will receive that GKD grab bag of stamps.

Catherine Medway said:

Thanks Barbara, it's been load of fun and look forward to the next challenge :) Can't wait for my GK package to arrive!

it's all so exciting and mysterious too....thanks for hosting this challenge and congrats to whoever is the winner!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service