stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hello Everyone!  I'm really excited to be hosting this week's Mix It Up Monday Challenge.  

Today, is the first day of Spring according to the Chinese calendar, and it marks the celebration of Chinese New Year. Although my family does not observe many Chinese traditions, we celebrate Chinese New Year (CNY). It's a season where we make time for family reunions, visitation, good food and gifts giving. My favourite part of the CNY celebration is receiving the Red Packets/Envelopes.

It is customary for married couples/elderly folks to give away Red Packets which contain money to single individuals. (Incidentally, the fun part is those who are not married are considered eligible to receive the Red Packets, regardless of age).The packet/envelope is traditionally Red, as Red is the auspicious colour associated with CNY, symbolising happiness, good fortune and prosperity.

So, I thought it would be fun to create a challenge inspired by the Red Packet.  The challenge is :

Make a Pocket/Envelope card, and have the colour RED on it.  The red item/element can be an embellishment (brad, button, flower, ribbon, etc) or pattern paper/cardstock.

Here's my card:

and, here's another view to show the insert:

I used Theresa Momber's set Dogwood and Butterfly to create this card.  The card measures 4.25 x 5.5(standard sized card) and I've made a little diagram below to show how I folded the card.

Now, it's your turn!!  I can't wait to see what you create!!

Please create and upload a new project for this challenge.  There is no combining of Stamp TV challenges allowed to be eligible to win a prize.  However, you can combine it with challenges outside of Stamp TV.  And remember you don't have to use Gina K. Designs stamps, but if you do your name will go into the drawing twice!

You have until Sunday, January 29th at 8 pm Central to upload your entry.

Use the keyword STVMONKL1 for your tag for this challenge. 

You can see the gallery for this challenge here: STVMONKL1

Have fun!!

Hugs

Kary

Tags: STVMONKL1

Views: 1104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Verna! Of course, you can use a different style.  I look forward to see your card!

Verna Angerhofer said:

May we make a pocket/envelope card in a different style? I just recently was given a new way to do one and would like to take this opportunity to give it a try.

Thanks...I will try to see if I can do it. I only have a sample and no directions so I might fail at the project too. LOL

I'm sure you'll do a lovely job.  I'm pretty curious to see the design...sure look forward to your version. Happy crafting!

Verna Angerhofer said:

Thanks...I will try to see if I can do it. I only have a sample and no directions so I might fail at the project too. LOL

I made my envelope card a bit different. I have an open version in the gallery but will show you the closed version here. I hope you like it. I am afraid the closed version is not too clear but the gallery photo turned out much better.

Attachments:

Can we enter more than once?

I did another one....this time a double pocket card which was resurrected from a "boo boo" I made with the original idea. I hope you like it too. I used Port Ink Memories ink to go with the darker papers that I used along with pink tones. Here is mine: http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/double-pocket-card-2?context=user

Hi Samantha, yes, I think you can enter more than once. Look forward to see your creation!!

Samantha Hacker said:

Can we enter more than once?

Kary - thanks so much for a fun challenge! 

Gnome Love

Whew...finished under the deadline.  I love the pocket card although I don't make to many of them.  This one's for my mother for valentine's day.  She'll love it and hope you do too.  Here's my card.

Wow, I had a blast seeing ALL your beautiful projects!!  It was Awesome!!  Thank You so much for playing along the challenge.  It was my first time ever hosting a challenge, and I really appreciate your support.  Have a Wonderful week!! {Hugs} 

I'm sorry I'm late; got back from dinner way later than expected (should have uploaded before leaving) - anyway, this was a fun challenge for me - hope you like it.  Here are the links:

http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/stvmonkl1-pocket-card-tp2

http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/stvmonkl1-pocket-card-tp4?context=user

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service