stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hello Everyone!  I'm really excited to be hosting this week's Mix It Up Monday Challenge.  

Today, is the first day of Spring according to the Chinese calendar, and it marks the celebration of Chinese New Year. Although my family does not observe many Chinese traditions, we celebrate Chinese New Year (CNY). It's a season where we make time for family reunions, visitation, good food and gifts giving. My favourite part of the CNY celebration is receiving the Red Packets/Envelopes.

It is customary for married couples/elderly folks to give away Red Packets which contain money to single individuals. (Incidentally, the fun part is those who are not married are considered eligible to receive the Red Packets, regardless of age).The packet/envelope is traditionally Red, as Red is the auspicious colour associated with CNY, symbolising happiness, good fortune and prosperity.

So, I thought it would be fun to create a challenge inspired by the Red Packet.  The challenge is :

Make a Pocket/Envelope card, and have the colour RED on it.  The red item/element can be an embellishment (brad, button, flower, ribbon, etc) or pattern paper/cardstock.

Here's my card:

and, here's another view to show the insert:

I used Theresa Momber's set Dogwood and Butterfly to create this card.  The card measures 4.25 x 5.5(standard sized card) and I've made a little diagram below to show how I folded the card.

Now, it's your turn!!  I can't wait to see what you create!!

Please create and upload a new project for this challenge.  There is no combining of Stamp TV challenges allowed to be eligible to win a prize.  However, you can combine it with challenges outside of Stamp TV.  And remember you don't have to use Gina K. Designs stamps, but if you do your name will go into the drawing twice!

You have until Sunday, January 29th at 8 pm Central to upload your entry.

Use the keyword STVMONKL1 for your tag for this challenge. 

You can see the gallery for this challenge here: STVMONKL1

Have fun!!

Hugs

Kary

Tags: STVMONKL1

Views: 1104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Beautiful card Kary and what a great challenge!!  Love the diagram you used and thanks for sharing the measurements...hoping to play along :) 

Gorgeous pocket card, thanks for the instructions.

What a great challenge, i've never tried one like this before.  Here's my entry :)

http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/you-re-unfrogettable?context=album&am...

Kary- I really enjoyed making my card.  Great challenge!  I tried to get a Chinese Red Packet feel, while creating this.

You can see it HERE.

Oooh cant wait to start!!!

Very pretty Kary - love the challenge and the information! I learned something new today - yeah!

Kary,

This was so much fun, thanks for the challenge.

I really loved this version of a pocket card.  I will definitely be using it again.  I did alter the size to make mine 5" wide x 5.5" tall.  Yes, I'll admit, it was a cutting error -- I'd intended it to be 5.5" square.  Oh well, creative opportunities right?  :)

Here's my card:

The Joy of the Lord is Your Strength

I have my pocket card HERE

Hi Kary - Kung Hei Fat Choi!  I like this challenge.  And no, I'm not Chinese, but I did go to High School in Hong Kong (many many moons ago) and some traditions I, too have kept up with here.  Good fortune, peace and prosperity to you and yours in this the year of the (water) dragon.  :-)

A later Happy New Year!!!

Here is my entree for this challenge ~_^

http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/pocket-envelope-card-1

May we make a pocket/envelope card in a different style? I just recently was given a new way to do one and would like to take this opportunity to give it a try.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service