stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Welcome to a new Mix It Up Monday challenge -- I'm excited to be hosting this week, as it gave me a chance to finish a few more tags for my 2013 Advent calendar!

The Challenge: Monochromatic Stamping

Choose ONE color of ink to stamp with, some stamps, and you are off and running (your project does not have to be a tag)!  Added: The same color cardstock (for layers/mats) and/or embellishments as your ink color are fine, too.  You do not have to make a one-layer project ... mine just happen to be.  :)

The inspiration:

{Supplies} - All from Gina K Designs, unless otherwise noted:

GKD Stamps: Simple Numbers by Tami Mayberry, Poster Board Christmas by Becky Oehlers, Season's Greetings StampTV Kit
GKD Paper: Pure Luxury Ivory & Cherry Red Heavy Base Weight Cardstock
GKD Color Companions: Ink-Cherry Red, Ribbon-Red Hot Double-Stitched
Other: Snowflake Punch-Martha Stewart, Glue Dots, transparent glitter, scalloped scissors

Challenge Gallery:  STV13MON46

Be sure and have your creation uploaded to our gallery by Sunday, November 24, 8 pm Central.  Be sure to use the tag 'STV13MON46' so we will be able to find your creation. You can also post your project photo here in the challenge thread, as long as you also add it to the gallery.

Remember we will choose a random winner at the end of the challenge deadline and the winner will receive a Gina K Designs prize!

Views: 639

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Easy enough.  Thanks for the challenge!  Love your tags.

I LOVE your tags Sharon!  What a fun challenge too, love this type of stamping!

Oooo - I haven't played along in a few weeks, but I like this challenge!  I'll have to see what I can come up with!

I love your tags, too, Sharon and have been CASE-ing them for Thanksgiving gifts.

Should have been easy enough but after the 4th attempt, I still have a dratted ink smudge on my card.  I inked the ribbon and the layering piece behind the focal image with GKD's Edible Eggplant.  I really have to work on getting more of Gina's inks.

I guess I may have to add a snowflake or something to cover the smudge.  Here's my card.  

Sharon - Could you please clarify something for me - If I choose green ink and white card stock does this mean I cannot use a green card stock as one of my layers or am I not allowed to have layers? Thank you

Kathleen -- Sure, same color of layers as your ink are fine!  I was just going for a "one color over all" look/feel.  You can see the hole reinforcers of my tags are made with the same color red cardstock and my ribbon is also red.  Have fun!

Kathleen said:

Sharon - Could you please clarify something for me - If I choose green ink and white card stock does this mean I cannot use a green card stock as one of my layers or am I not allowed to have layers? Thank you

I'm loving this challenge, Sharon!  Here comes another one....

Very Pretty Sharon! Lovin the Tags. I think I will give this a try! Looks simple enough to do.

Sorry I didn't leave comments on all of the lovely creations the members made, but I did look at the gallery and view them. Great job everyone. Hopefully, soon I will be able to join in on all the fun. Tomorrow the first of the guests arrive so I will be extra busy....these are two grandsons, so we will be dealing with a 13 year old and a 3 year old. I am sure we will be having fun! Hope all have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service