stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Aloha, one and all! 

First, many sincere thanks to Lori for asking me to host this weeks MIUM Challenge! You know? It TRULY is a humbling honor to be asked to participate -- thank you, Lori!!!

It's October already! October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. No doubt this month will be filled with supporting this important cause. However, I would like to spin this challenge to another important area that tends not to receive much attention -- remembering the older people in our world who have lived their lives fully, and who could use any loving attention or even help we can provide for them. Oftentimes, many elderly ones feel so alone, all year long. 

October 1, The International Day of Elderly People

This Challenge is "Anything Goes" for an older person who could use encouragement -- this can be a card of any shape or size all by itself. It can be a decorative label on a jar of jam, on a small home cooked meal, or the label on the cover of a beautiful loaf of bread. Perhaps it could be an amazing tag attached to some hand picked flowers.

Anything Goes means exactly that -- ANY PAPER CRAFT with ANY TECHNIQUE you would like to make. Personally, I would enjoy reading your technique names :) in your descriptions.

I made 3 cards with 3 different techniques for you. I used one stamp set to show just how versatile Gina K stamps can be ☺

My first card is based on one of Gina's Emboss Resist videos (I have been emboss resist challenged since I began here at STV & decided it IS time to confront my fears). Her video is the below link:

{Stamp Sets - Whimsical Spring & Assorted Greetings by gkd; Clear Embossing Powder; distress inks in Peeled Paint and Tea Dye, cardstock Fresh Asparagus and Pure White (sorry the color is off) 80#/copper brads and double stitched tan ribbon from gkd). Lime crystal leaf charm from stash; Sakura clear star glitter pen colored all over the leaves.}

My second card is another technique I have difficulties mastering, and must continue working on - Using Chalks with Chalk Enhancer. Gina has a wonderful tutorial video you can watch about this technique here:

{Stamp Set - Whimsical Spring; Pastel chalks by Pebbles; Chalk enhancer & water barrel paint brush; Shimmer spray (I made my own w/Perfect Pearls white & H2O) over the floral focal image, cut out and pop dotted; cardstock Passionate Pink and Pure White 80# by gkd; Spellbinders Floral Ovals large, cut center out with Classic Ovals large to make a frame, pop dotted the pink floral frame and the flower focal image for 3D effect; matching grosgrain ribbon by gkd; embossing folder Darice large flowers; pearls and heart crystal from stash; corner rounder punch to two corners.}

The third and LAST☺card is based on Gina's video Watercolor Spritz which you can watch here:

{Stamp set - Whimsical Spring by gkd, Memento markers Dandelion, Cantaloupe, Lady Bug, New Sprout, Bamboo Leaves, (and Grape Jelly for the faux stitching around oval). Color over the images with Sakura Clear Glitter Pen, add Liquid Pearls in Butterscotch for antennae dots. Edge oval with cantaloupe. Cut out Spellbinders Floral Oval and use all the above inks to create a marbling design. Sheer/satin edged purple ribbon, purple crystals, and butterfly charm from stash. Darice embossing folder Argyle. Cardstock Grass Green and Pure White gkd.}
The Important Info:
  • KEYWORD (put in your 'tag' when uploading) FOR THIS ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE IS STV12MON39

• If you could "name the technique" you choose to use on your creation, this would be greatly appreciated!

• Due date: Sunday, October 7, 2012 by 8:00 PM CST 

• TO SEE ALL ENTRIES FOR THIS CHALLENGE, CLICK HERE: ENTRIES

• TO QUALIFY FOR A PRIZE, PLEASE USE STAMPS BY GINA K DESIGNS (SEE RULES BELOW)

My heartfelt thanks & Mahalos to anyone who is able to play in this special
challenge, and to encourage those older than us.
 All my best wishes to each of you! Rosy

Tags: STV12MON39

Views: 866

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, there Diana :) You are very kind! Thank you and I hope you get to check out Gina's videos - they're GrrrreaaAAT! Blessings! Rosy

Diana Evensen said:

Thanks, also, for the great idea of linking in Gina's tutorial videos.  Very helpful.

Dear Penny - thank you for your support and sweet comments! Many hugs to you <3 rosy

Penny ODell said:

Gorgeous cards Rosy, and what an awesome idea for a challenge!!! Can't wait to join in.

Beautiful cards, Rosy!  What a wonderful challenge idea!  I will get on it right away.  There's a sweet elderly lady I know waiting for a card....

Hi, Gabi ~ thank you for your generous desire to send a loving card to the older lady!!! All my best, Rosy

Gabi Heinrich said:

Beautiful cards, Rosy!  What a wonderful challenge idea!  I will get on it right away.  There's a sweet elderly lady I know waiting for a card....

Yeah Rosy... You are hosting this weeks challenge. Your cards are amazing. I will try my best :0)

HERE is mine, hoping I did this right! This was a fun challenge!

Thank you Beatrix :* Many alohas to you in Bayern :) Rosy

Beatrix Lau said:

Yeah Rosy... You are hosting this weeks challenge. Your cards are amazing. I will try my best :0)

Oh, Karen, bless your heart! You really cheered me up with your creation == consider that card 'already helped one elderly person -- me!' You did so much work on it --  how did you make the embossed, cut out wave? Is that a folder? WOW! I just love all the work you did on it!!!! Many hugs, Rosy

Karen Knegten said:

HERE is mine, hoping I did this right! This was a fun challenge!

Have just watched the Emboss resist video and I am so impressed!!

The cards you embossed are beautiful.

So tomorrow I might give it a go towards a card for this challenge!!

How exciting is this..

Gina you are a very clever lady and you explain things so well in your videos .

Thank you so much

Hi, Ms MaryKendrick! Wasn't a joy to watch her?!!! I can't get enough learning and appreciation from Gina's videos <3 good for you - so glad you enjoyed it!!! Best wishes in your cardmaking :)

Ms MaryKendrick said:

Have just watched the Emboss resist video and I am so impressed!!

The cards you embossed are beautiful.

So tomorrow I might give it a go towards a card for this challenge!!

How exciting is this..

Gina you are a very clever lady and you explain things so well in your videos .

Thank you so much

Rosy, Your cards are just gorgeous. I won't be able to participate but the challenge idea is awesome. Thank you for sharing.

Dear Shari, thank you my dear friend. I hope your day is filled with sunshine and joy! Blessings to you <3 rosy

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service