stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Aloha, one and all! 

First, many sincere thanks to Lori for asking me to host this weeks MIUM Challenge! You know? It TRULY is a humbling honor to be asked to participate -- thank you, Lori!!!

It's October already! October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. No doubt this month will be filled with supporting this important cause. However, I would like to spin this challenge to another important area that tends not to receive much attention -- remembering the older people in our world who have lived their lives fully, and who could use any loving attention or even help we can provide for them. Oftentimes, many elderly ones feel so alone, all year long. 

October 1, The International Day of Elderly People

This Challenge is "Anything Goes" for an older person who could use encouragement -- this can be a card of any shape or size all by itself. It can be a decorative label on a jar of jam, on a small home cooked meal, or the label on the cover of a beautiful loaf of bread. Perhaps it could be an amazing tag attached to some hand picked flowers.

Anything Goes means exactly that -- ANY PAPER CRAFT with ANY TECHNIQUE you would like to make. Personally, I would enjoy reading your technique names :) in your descriptions.

I made 3 cards with 3 different techniques for you. I used one stamp set to show just how versatile Gina K stamps can be ☺

My first card is based on one of Gina's Emboss Resist videos (I have been emboss resist challenged since I began here at STV & decided it IS time to confront my fears). Her video is the below link:

{Stamp Sets - Whimsical Spring & Assorted Greetings by gkd; Clear Embossing Powder; distress inks in Peeled Paint and Tea Dye, cardstock Fresh Asparagus and Pure White (sorry the color is off) 80#/copper brads and double stitched tan ribbon from gkd). Lime crystal leaf charm from stash; Sakura clear star glitter pen colored all over the leaves.}

My second card is another technique I have difficulties mastering, and must continue working on - Using Chalks with Chalk Enhancer. Gina has a wonderful tutorial video you can watch about this technique here:

{Stamp Set - Whimsical Spring; Pastel chalks by Pebbles; Chalk enhancer & water barrel paint brush; Shimmer spray (I made my own w/Perfect Pearls white & H2O) over the floral focal image, cut out and pop dotted; cardstock Passionate Pink and Pure White 80# by gkd; Spellbinders Floral Ovals large, cut center out with Classic Ovals large to make a frame, pop dotted the pink floral frame and the flower focal image for 3D effect; matching grosgrain ribbon by gkd; embossing folder Darice large flowers; pearls and heart crystal from stash; corner rounder punch to two corners.}

The third and LAST☺card is based on Gina's video Watercolor Spritz which you can watch here:

{Stamp set - Whimsical Spring by gkd, Memento markers Dandelion, Cantaloupe, Lady Bug, New Sprout, Bamboo Leaves, (and Grape Jelly for the faux stitching around oval). Color over the images with Sakura Clear Glitter Pen, add Liquid Pearls in Butterscotch for antennae dots. Edge oval with cantaloupe. Cut out Spellbinders Floral Oval and use all the above inks to create a marbling design. Sheer/satin edged purple ribbon, purple crystals, and butterfly charm from stash. Darice embossing folder Argyle. Cardstock Grass Green and Pure White gkd.}
The Important Info:
  • KEYWORD (put in your 'tag' when uploading) FOR THIS ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE IS STV12MON39

• If you could "name the technique" you choose to use on your creation, this would be greatly appreciated!

• Due date: Sunday, October 7, 2012 by 8:00 PM CST 

• TO SEE ALL ENTRIES FOR THIS CHALLENGE, CLICK HERE: ENTRIES

• TO QUALIFY FOR A PRIZE, PLEASE USE STAMPS BY GINA K DESIGNS (SEE RULES BELOW)

My heartfelt thanks & Mahalos to anyone who is able to play in this special
challenge, and to encourage those older than us.
 All my best wishes to each of you! Rosy

Tags: STV12MON39

Views: 866

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Golda - I don't know about conquering my techniques LOL. Maybe it was the fear of continuing to try to :) I'm so grateful that many like you are appreciating the meaning of this challenge!!! All my best, Rosy

Golda said:

Good job on conquering your challenges!  This is a wonderful challenge!

Dear Verna - I saw your card and it is so filled with love and beauty. I am very sad to hear your dear friend suffered a stroke and hope you share my hugs during your visit. May she recover fully. Your friend, Rosy

Verna Angerhofer said:

I completed a card while waiting for my lunch to get done. And, it helped that hubby was late, so I finished it shortly after lunch and then got it scanned. Here is my Fall Love Bouquet card. Now I have to get busy with other things around here not as fun...but still necessary. Thanks for the opportunity to get a card done for my friend who had a stroke and is in a nursing home now.

Dear Ms. MaryKendrick! You are very kind, but I am technique challenged. Anything we can do to show love for others, and those who are less fortunate than us, is a blessing. But I feel for those who are alone, lonely, and living with more and more limitations. May you be blessed, too, and many thanks - <3 rosy

Ms MaryKendrick said:

Your cards are amazing !!

Truly beautiful...Cannot wait till i reach those dizzy heights and make something similar .Which will be never but who knows?

These are cards you want to frame and never ever throw away.

Good luck in the challenge everyone.

Wow, Rosy!  Congrats on this honor. Now, to enter the challenge. I've got to really think on this one! Thanks for making this so interesting.

Congrats on doing the challenge Rosy. You did a wonderful job on your cards too!

Hi, Joyce -- thank you from the bottom of my heart. All my very best wishes to you and yours!!!! Rosy

Joyce Erb said:

Congrats on doing the challenge Rosy. You did a wonderful job on your cards too!

Hi, Sharon - It feels like an honor! Thank you very much! I hope your thinking cap helps you play along!!! All my best wishes to you, am thinking about you! Rosy

Sharon Underwood said:

Wow, Rosy!  Congrats on this honor. Now, to enter the challenge. I've got to really think on this one! Thanks for making this so interesting.

Love, love, love your cards Rosy. And what a great challenge, so many possibilities. Can't wait to play.

Hi, Judy - I was on at the same time LOL! Thank you very much for your kind words -- I look forward to your creation! Rosy

Judy Woodland said:

Love, love, love your cards Rosy. And what a great challenge, so many possibilities. Can't wait to play.

Really colorful, beautiful inspiration cards.  I especially like the unusual color combination on the third card.  Thanks!

Thanks, also, for the great idea of linking in Gina's tutorial videos.  Very helpful.

Gorgeous cards Rosy, and what an awesome idea for a challenge!!! Can't wait to join in.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service