stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

This card was a favorite of last month's release and I thought it would be fun to have the technique as a Mix It Up Monday Challenge.

The effect is beautiful and is very easy to achieve.  I've shown how I use the ink pads pressed onto a piece of plastic below.  Also used, but not pictured, is a small container of water.

Supplies needed: GKD inks, brush, small container of water, dry paper towel or napkin (to dry brush between colors) GKD heavyweight white or ivory cardstock, GKD stamp set of your choosing. Any embellishments or patterned paper addition is welcome!

Steps: Dilute the ink pad "smooshing" with a brush that has been loaded with water and quickly swipe the diluted color onto your cardstock with a single swipe.  Do not "work it" as we are not using watercolor paper and the paper will pill if worked too much.  If you would like more of the color repeat the procedure.  Be sure to use colors, that when overlapped, work with each other.  Here I wanted the two colors I chose to represent the sand and the ocean and/or sky. After you have your base, let it dry naturally or help it along with a heat gun before stamping your images on top of your swiped background.

Optional: I found that after it dried a little pressing with an iron flattened it out nicely.

Here are the challenge rules:

Here's the gallery for STV13MON21

I am looking forward to seeing your watercolored creations!

Valerie

Tags: STV13MON21

Views: 1443

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Love your card, Valerie.  Makes me wish I was in one of those chairs.  This was a challenge and not sure if my attempt is right but here it is.  Thanks again for hosting our challenge.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service