stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

...Well, maybe not that heavy I'm talking about embossing foil.

ALOHA, from the Big Island of Hawai'i!

Welcome to this week's "Mix It Up Monday" Challenge! Thank you very much, Lori, for asking me to hostess this week. I am humbled by this opportunity.

Like all of you, I love (and drool when) watching Gina's "How To" videos. What better way to conquer fear of the unknown than by trying a new technique, while at the same time hosting your first Challenge? That's one way to snap out of fear! The method unfamiliar to me was embossing aluminum foil. Here is the link to watch Gina's video about embossing foil (pretend it says 'Gina's Cool Video'):

http://stamptv.ning.com/video/embossed-foil-1

This last week I tried embossing foil all by itself, just like in Gina's video. I also tried using a glue stick to adhere foil to recycled chipboard first. The second way worked best for me. And after applying different colored pastes and inks over the embossing, I decided to keep the foil in its natural color. 

Here is my card using the CuttleBug Leafy Branch embossing folder & foil (around chipboard):

~Cardstocks and ribbon by GinaK; GinaK stamps by Theresa Momber: Dogwood & Butterfly (flower) and Whimsical Spring (butterfly); GinaK stamps Petals & Wings (for the sentiment)~

For a detailed list of products I used, please see my photo in the gallery

I really enjoyed jumping in with both feet and playing with foil this week. NOW, it's YOUR TURN!

• The Challenge: Please emboss foil for your project (greeting card, tissue box, candy container, gift card - whatever paper project you would like to try it on). Be inventive! You may choose to use chipboard under your foil or not, and color your foil or leave it plain.

• Please add the following keyword in your 'tag' when you upload the photo of your creation:

STV12MON12

• Please create and upload a new project for this challenge. You may not link a previous card/project. There is no combining of Stamp TV challenges allowed to be eligible to win a prize. However, you can combine it with challenges outside of Stamp TV. And remember you don't have to use Gina K. Designs stamps, but if you do your name will go into the drawing twice!

• You can see all of the entries for this challenge by clicking here (pretend it just says 'here'):

http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/photo/search?q=stv12mon12

• The deadline for your challenge is Sunday April 15th at 8:00 pm CT. One week following your challenge one of the Mods will pick a winner and post in the Big News section on StampTV.

Thank you for reading the challenge, and we hope to see your "brilliant" entries in the gallery!

Please join me in continuing to wish Karen Knegten our sincerest "Get Well Soon" wishes and send our deepest condolences and love to Shari Dixon for the passing of her husband, Jeff, last week.

With much ALOHA and HUGS, Rosy

Tags: MIUM, STV12MON12, embossingfoil, foilembossing, heavymetal

Views: 955

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you, Linda & Nancy - I appreciate everyone's kind comments and willingness to give this the old (or new) college try :) rosy

Gorgeous card, Rosy!  And all the entries are fabulous, so creative!!!  Hope I get to play along with this one. (School holidays over here.)

Thank you, Cheryl - so sweet - I hope you get to play, too!

Congrats on hosting Rosy!  And what a beautiful card!

Congratulations Rosy on hosting a challenge...very cool...I had fun playing with foil. (((HUGS)))

Thanks Lynn & Leta :)

I appreciate your kind wishes very much - look forward to seeing your cards!

Well that was fun and messy. Not what I wanted but HERE it is:-)

Gosh, I am having such a blast with this - you all are blowing me away with the incredible variations in creativity using foil!!! It's wow-ing me!!! Am enjoying just absorbing all the ways you made your cards, down to the smallest details. Thank you!

WooHoo!!!  I got a card made for your challenge Rosy!!!  And it's the first time I've done this technique!!!  I have to wait until tomorrow or Sunday to get a good photo and post it though.  Thanks for taking me outside of my comfort zone!!!

Oh, girlfriend - way to go go GO! I was trying to help you remain in your comfort zone - you are moving for crying out loud! But you rise above even MOVING to create a piece of art for the Challenge? What can I say? You completely ROCK MY WORLD!!!! I hope you really liked using something unfamiliar - It was truly fun for the different folders I tried on it, too! Mahalo nui loa my friend <3

Rosey, beautiful card! Great challenge too!

Thank you Shari - you're a sweetie!!! Best wishes to you :)

Sharri said:

Rosey, beautiful card! Great challenge too!

RSS

Get Social with us!

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service