stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hello StampTV friends! Happy Monday and welcome to Mix It Up Monday! Cathy here and this is my first time hosting a MIUM challenge and guess what? Friday (April 1st) is my birthday! Since I’m an April Fool, I thought it would be fun to make humorous cards. It can be any occasion, just make us laugh!

I had fun playing with the Shabby Spring StampTV kit that came out awhile ago, and I’m ashamed to say I hadn’t played with it yet. Here are two cards I made using the Tickle Your Funny Bone stamp set. Both cards use cardstock and patterned paper from the kit; the images were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with various Stampin’ Up markers and blendabilities.

And my second card:

Are you thinking, “I don’t have a humorous stamp set, what can I do?” Simple! Be creative! Here’s a card I made using the same papers, GinaK Edible Eggplant and Warm Spring Wishes stamp set. I freehanded a sentiment to give my card a humorous twist.

Are you ready to laugh? I can’t wait to see what you come up! Make sure to have your creation uploaded to the gallery, with the tag, STV16MON13 by April 3rd, 8PM CST. Here are the rules:

One lucky participant will win a $20.00 gift Certificate to the Gina K. Designs Store.

Can I get a huge WAHOO?

To see all of the creations for this challenge, click below!

STV16MON13 Gallery

And don't forget about the yearly MIUM challenge!

Tags: STV16MON13

Views: 1093

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Love your cards Cathy. This sounds like a fun challenge but I'm terrible making humorous cards. Let's see what I come up with.

Diana, ANY company products are welcome in the Mix-It Up Monday challenges! To win the prize, you need to use a GinaK images. You can mix in funny sentiments from other companies or make your own (like I did in the butterfly card). It's a thinker, but I have fun taking a stamp and making it work for a totally different theme. You can do it!

Diana Scott said:

Wahoo! But a question - to qualify for the challenge, it has to be a Gina K image - correct? Have some funny ones, but not GK! So, if has to be GK, this is really going to be a challenge! Thanks for hosting and challenging us!

What a coincidence! It must be a great day for Cathy/Kathy's to celebrate! This is the perfect challenge for you to make her a fun card!

Cindy Miller said:

Wahoo!! Great challenge! Happy Birthday, my best friend is also born on April 1 and her name is Kathy!

Any stamps/products are welcome Johanna, you just need to include a GinaK image to be eligible to win the prize. BUT, if I can make a butterfly semi-humorous, I know you can come up with something from your current stash too!

Johanna Rundell said:

Hmmm - this is an interesting challenge. Too bad I can't use stamps from another company to participate. I have couple of good ones but they are not GKD. Must put on my thinking cap.

It might be fun and funny to use some of your Gina K sentiments, but just ink up a certain word you need from each stamp and then combine them together. Just in case anyone needs any ideas, that could be a way to get a witty stamped sentiment, if you wanted.

This look like fun . Great cards!

Go for it Jane. I combined GKD with something else to get my card to work. You can do that too.

Hi Cathy, Can you clarify something for me.  If I use an image that is not a GK Design but I use a GK Design sentiment stamp can I win a challenge.  I always thought the main image had to be a GK Design in order to win.

Hi Joan, To be eligible for the Win you have to use Gina K. Designs Stamps (Images and or Greetings) But as we Always say... You can play along with what ever stamps you want.. That way everyone can play if they want to!  :)  <3 
Joan LaBelle said:

Hi Cathy, Can you clarify something for me.  If I use an image that is not a GK Design but I use a GK Design sentiment stamp can I win a challenge.  I always thought the main image had to be a GK Design in order to win.

I'm still confused.  Are you saying exclusive GK design stamps (as I always thought) or can you combine one non GK stamp (say for the image) with a GK stamp for (say the sentiment) to be eligible to win? The reason I'm asking is because a comment was posted on my last card that said if I added a GK leaf to my sentiment I could win.  That has never been my understanding.  I have always believed the entire project had to have exclusive GK stamps on it.

I'm sorry for the confusion Joan. To be eligible for the win, you have to use Only Gina K. Designs Stamps. (Images and or greetings or sentiments.)  You can use outside companies stamps but then you won't be eligible for the win. But you can still play along! I'm sorry, I'm not sure who stated that, but the rules haven't changed. They are still the same! Hope that helps!  :)  <3 

Joan LaBelle said:

I'm still confused.  Are you saying exclusive GK design stamps (as I always thought) or can you combine one non GK stamp (say for the image) with a GK stamp for (say the sentiment) to be eligible to win? The reason I'm asking is because a comment was posted on my last card that said if I added a GK leaf to my sentiment I could win.  That has never been my understanding.  I have always believed the entire project had to have exclusive GK stamps on it.

Thank you for clarifying this! Hugs!

Karen Hightower-GKD-DT-Moderator said:

I'm sorry for the confusion Joan. To be eligible for the win, you have to use Only Gina K. Designs Stamps. (Images and or greetings or sentiments.)  You can use outside companies stamps but then you won't be eligible for the win. But you can still play along! I'm sorry, I'm not sure who stated that, but the rules haven't changed. They are still the same! Hope that helps!  :)  <3 

Joan LaBelle said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service