stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hey ya'll!! Welcome to another Mix It Up Monday, hosted by yours truly...ME!  And this time, we are Breaking All the Rules!!  That is my challenge to you today, to break the rules...what rules?   Well, as you know, in art, there ARE rules that some follow such as Rule of Odds, Rule of Thirds, Rule of Space...etc...While I wont go into an art lesson, which Im far from being able to teach, lol!  I will give you some examples that you can do to 'Break the Rules' in our little hobby here!   Examples include, but not limited to:

1.  TWO brads/flowers/pearls (no odd #s!).

2.  Put the image at an angle or not centered.

3.  Use colors that clash.

4.  No standard size card...ex.  41/4 x 51/2 is a standard size card, make a card anything BUT that size.

See where I'm going with this?   Here is my example:

I used only 2 brads, and put the focal image over to the left-hand side instead of in the middle and only corner rounded one corner.  I also used oil pastels on kraft cardstock..which in itself isn't really a rule breaker, but something normally not used, lol!

Ok, it's your turn now!  Let's see YOU break some rules and just HOW many you can break on one card?   Maybe the card making/scrapbooking police won't arrest us!!  haha!

Now for the small print:

Please create and upload a new project for this challenge that can only be entered into this challenge here on StampTV to be eligible for a prize, no combining of Stamp TV challenges.  However, you can combine it with challenges outside of StampTV.  And remember you don't have to use Gina K. Designs stamps, but if you do your name will go into the drawing twice!

Be sure and have your creation uploaded to our gallery here on StampTV by Sunday, 8PM CST August 7th, with the tag STVMONCT6 in the tag line area.

Here you can find all the creations for this challenge:

STVMONCT6

Views: 468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hopefully I broke enough rules without making the card something my nephew wouldn't enjoy.

Off kilter birthday card

I broke 2 rules in this layout

• people must look into the layout not out of it rule.
  • And also a cultural rule - no flowers on boy pages

http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/autumn-love?

It worked quiet well, and I don't think my parents would be horrified by the flowers done this way

Thank you for the inspiration

Cat,  I broke some of the rules on making this card.  First of all to my eye the wild dandelion seems to really clash with the sweet mango and to make matters worse the dress was paper pieced in pinks and orange all of different patterns.  This was not the standard size card by rather a square 4x4" one.  I wanted to stamp the greeting on the ribbon but instead stamped it on a piece of cardstock and slipped it underneath the ribbon.  My bow also broke a "rule" by only having one loop.  This was fun.  Thanks for the challenge.  HERE'S MY CARD.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service