stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hey ya'll!! Welcome to another Mix It Up Monday, hosted by yours truly...ME!  And this time, we are Breaking All the Rules!!  That is my challenge to you today, to break the rules...what rules?   Well, as you know, in art, there ARE rules that some follow such as Rule of Odds, Rule of Thirds, Rule of Space...etc...While I wont go into an art lesson, which Im far from being able to teach, lol!  I will give you some examples that you can do to 'Break the Rules' in our little hobby here!   Examples include, but not limited to:

1.  TWO brads/flowers/pearls (no odd #s!).

2.  Put the image at an angle or not centered.

3.  Use colors that clash.

4.  No standard size card...ex.  41/4 x 51/2 is a standard size card, make a card anything BUT that size.

See where I'm going with this?   Here is my example:

I used only 2 brads, and put the focal image over to the left-hand side instead of in the middle and only corner rounded one corner.  I also used oil pastels on kraft cardstock..which in itself isn't really a rule breaker, but something normally not used, lol!

Ok, it's your turn now!  Let's see YOU break some rules and just HOW many you can break on one card?   Maybe the card making/scrapbooking police won't arrest us!!  haha!

Now for the small print:

Please create and upload a new project for this challenge that can only be entered into this challenge here on StampTV to be eligible for a prize, no combining of Stamp TV challenges.  However, you can combine it with challenges outside of StampTV.  And remember you don't have to use Gina K. Designs stamps, but if you do your name will go into the drawing twice!

Be sure and have your creation uploaded to our gallery here on StampTV by Sunday, 8PM CST August 7th, with the tag STVMONCT6 in the tag line area.

Here you can find all the creations for this challenge:

STVMONCT6

Views: 454

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you sure you broke "the rules", Cat?  I love your card.  For me it should be easy as everytime I think a panel is straight...it's crooked....LOL....should be fun.  Thanks for another "challenging" challenge.

This sounds like the challenge for me!  Not sure I ever follow the rules.  I just have fun.  Will get something together this week.

Your card is beautiful, and it's a tough challenge! But I'm willing to try;)

I've noticed that lots of you add the link to your card with just an underlined word or just a word, and I was wondering how do you do that????  anyways, here is my card

http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/breaking-rules?xg_source=activity

Aaack!  I sure had trouble not playing by the rules.  HERE is my card-with only two elements, and I had to fight against adding a 3rd, to balance it out. I made a paper spring for the frog to bounce around.

Here's my card for this challenge.  My square card is just under 5.5" x 5.5", I tilted the image/sentiment tag and used 4 buttons instead of 3 or 5.

Psalm 127:3 - Welcome baby

What a cool challenge! Thanks!

And Cat, your card is just GORGEOUS!

Here's my entry: ** Sit Reflect Breathe **

I put the focal point slightly off the middle (to the left side)
I only used one button
I colored directly on kraft cardstock using Tombow markers (and that's really unusual *lol*)

I used glitter on kraft (I think that's not the usual combination, also)

Ok... with all this being said, I hope that counts as 'breaking the rules' ;)

Hi!  I'm not new to card making, but I am new to posting my creations.  I had read this challenge Tuesday night, and thought it would be good to stretch what I do (that how new ideas/techniques are born...).  Then, on Wednesday morning I stamped this card on white, and noticed it was off center.  I usually fix that with the paper trimmer, but I wondered how it would look if I ran a stitch up the side instead.  After that, I remembered the challenge! I had to finally sign up so I could post this card.  Thanks for the idea - and for giving me a way to stretch!

Where do I find a list of rules...the only one Kub taught me was something about thirds...

I'll see what I can create off-balance!

Though you can't tell this stamped image is sideways, the cardstock colors are GKD BubbleGum Pink and Pumpkin Spice...my card is 4x4
Attachments:
Wow Cat, what a stunner.  I don't know too many of the rules so I won't know if I break them but I will submit a broken card, okay?
Just type a word, click on the link and put your link in the box.  After that, you can underline, bold, or whatever your word that has the link attached.

Yvonne Friesen said:

I've noticed that lots of you add the link to your card with just an underlined word or just a word, and I was wondering how do you do that????  anyways, here is my card

http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/breaking-rules?xg_source=activity

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service