stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hey Ya'll!!  Welcome to another Mix It Up Monday hosted by ME!  :D  And Happy Fourth of July to all of those in the USofA!!  I hope you have a fun and safe holiday!  

Today's challenge is called 'Swipe On...Swipe Off' and its a technique challenge!  Basically, it is Direct to Paper technique, meaning you are going to use ink, and swipe it onto your paper, creatin many interesting patterns!   I have two examples I have done in the past to show you, the first one being a tad Patriotic:

And this one, wishing for Fall already!  LOL!

On both of these cards, I just took my inkpads and 'Swiped on and swiped off', back and forth, with my ink pad on edge to get these looks!  you can use your inkpad anyway you choose, just as long as you use it direct to paper in some way!   Cant wait to see what you all come up with!  Let your inner artist flow!  :D 

Now for all the small print!!

Please create and upload a new project for this challenge that can only be entered into this challenge here on StampTV to be eligible for a prize, no combining of Stamp TV challenges.  However, you can combine it with challenges outside of StampTV.  And remember you don't have to use Gina K. Designs stamps, but if you do your name will go into the drawing twice!  The random winner gets a stamp set of choice up to $24.95.

Be sure and  have your creation uploaded to our gallery here on StampTV by Sunday,  8:PM CST July 10th, with the tag STVMONCT4 in the tag line area.

Here you can find all the creations for this challenge:

STVMONCT4

Views: 191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love them both! You did a great job my talented sister!
I did a third card with this wonderful technique too, and used up a leftover Spellbinder frame and then with some delicate cutting added flowers at the bottom to give it more design. I really thank you for this idea for a challenge and I have really having lots of fun! Here is the final one: http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/birthday-bouquet-3?context=user

Yes, this is my real sister....and she THINKS the  check is in the mail ...hahaha! 

I am so glad all of you are enjoying this challenge.  It definitely is one of my favorite techniques! 

Off to comment on ya'lls gorgeous creations!!

Kelli Cummings said:

I love them both! You did a great job my talented sister!
I'm actually pretty excited to show off my card for this. For once I've done a simple card. I just have to wait until I have time to take a photo. Life gets super busy some weeks.

Great technique, Cat.  I used several memento inks and did more of a swirl motion in my "swiping" than straight line.

Hope that's acceptable.  Anyway, I was anxious to use the Vintage Chic set and chose the carnival girl and embossed her image onto my swiped background and colored her in with metallic pens.  She is very shimmery which every carnival girl should be.  Here's my card.  Thanks for looking.

I did two cards for this challenge. I used GKD stamps on both. The balloon lady card I used the swipe on, swipe off method on all layers.  Enjoy the ride was my attempt at art. I enjoyed doing this challenge.
OMGosh!!!!!!! These are incredibly gorgeous!!! I hope that I get time on Sunday to get into this challenge before it times out!! Been a busy week and this is the first time I've seen this challenge! Cannot wait to try it!!

Here's my submission:

Garden Silhouettes

I loved this challenge!!! It was so much fun! Here is my entry! http://purplenana.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/004.jpg

To see more examples of this technique check out my blog

http://purplenana.wordpress.com/

Love your cards Cat!!

This is my card for Swipe on! Swipe off!  I've never used this technique.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service