stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

This week for Mix it Up Monday I challenge you to create an interactive card!  If you've never made one before, this challenge gives you lots of room to experiment with different techniques and images to create a card that has some time type of motion and requires the recipient to interact with the card somehow beyond just opening it to read what's inside! :)

For my sample, I thought it would be fun to use Becky's glasses from Spoon Me for the top half of a hinged card, the way you raise your glasses, you know?) and then have the reveal of the vision chart when opened. 

Pattern is created with Tami's new Simple Hearts set.

Here some other types of interactive cards:

spinners

sliders

pop ups

shakers 

waterfall

wipers

etc!

You can find examples of all these in our STV gallery for inspiration and construction, Gina has even done a few videos!  Whether you choose to create a design that is your favorite to make, one you've been wanting to try, and begin with an image you want to set in motion, I can't wait to see what you make!  See the rules below.  Have fun!

Now let's see your interactive cards....they can be for any occasion!  All entries must be uploaded by Sunday, Jan. 27 by 8 pm Central.  Please use the keyword: STV13MON3 in all caps in the tag section when you upload. 

Here is the Gallery STV13MON3

Tags: STV13MON3, interactive, melanie

Views: 981

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Love this challenge and Verna is right the link isn't working - Even tried to search her card in the gallery and couldn't find it with "STV13MON3" Hmmmm. 

Hi Verna, you are correct, when I posted earlier it still wasn't recognizing the tag with only my upload. I will add it in tonight now that we have a few in the gallery! Thanks for your help getting it started!
Verna Angerhofer said:

Here's my Smooth Operator Spinner card. I can see that making spinner cards is a really fast thing to do with the proper tools. But be sure to use thicker cardstock on the spinner part if you use the die I did. Oh, and I am not sure the link to the gallery works either. Might want to check that Melanie. But what a fun challenge and I love your card you created.

Beautiful card Melanie! This a great challenge! I can't wait to join in.

Hi Melanie,

The Tag STV13MON3 does not work on your post...and your card is tagged stv13mon3.

Which are we supposed to use? STV13MON3 OR stv13mon3??????

the tag is the same, caps or not,  I just have not added the link to the gallery, it was not working yet when I posted, was going to come back and add.

The link is working now for the gallery. Enjoy!

Great card Melanie!  This one really is a challenge.  I had to research how to do most of these, but have come up with one idea.

I am not sure I did this exactly right, but I studied Mel's hinged card and this is what I came up with. I hope you like my Hinged Birthday.

Love your interactive card Melanie! Would a side step, Tri-fold or Swing card be interactive?

Well, here is my newest interactive card. It is a waterfall type. And, it was a struggle for me to figure it out. I had to look online to a lot of tutorials before I finally understood more what I was doing. Or at least I hope I got it right. I may try another some day, but this one wore me out. LOL This is made for a neighbor of ours who always gives  us Farm Fresh Eggs! So that is who this card is for...our good neighbors. And, believe me the eggs are great too.

Thanks for hosting our MIUM challenge, Mel.  Super fun card sample and challenge.  I tried the suspension card technique for my interactive card seen here.  The reverse side of the suspended circle is stamped with the xoxox border circle from Tami's Simple Hearts set with hugs stamped in the middle.  TFL.

This is such a fun challenge! Thank you so much for hosting it!  I am having so much fun looking through all the cards in the gallery and seeing what everyone came up with.  I guess I'm going to have to start incorporating more of these types of cards in my crafting because they are awesome!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service