stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hello StampTV friends!  Happy Monday to all! Sylvia R. here happy to welcome you to the seventh MIUM Challenge of the Year! This is my first time hosting a MIUM challenge, so I thought I’d start with one of my favorite techniques – Emboss Resist. Gina has a couple of videos showing this technique – go here http://stamptv.ning.com/video/botanical-emboss-resist to see one of them.

Here’s my card:

To make the background, I used the two roses and the small flourish from the new Made With Love STV Kit. The inkpads are the new Blue Lagoon and Innocent Pink.

For my second card I also used images from the Made With Love kit this time with Lovely Lavender and Innocent Pink. Now it’s your turn, go have fun with the Emboss Resist technique; can’t wait to see what you make!

Be sure and have your creation uploaded to our gallery, with the tag, STV16MON7 and not later than February 21st 8PM CST.

To see all of the creations for this challenge, click below!

STV16MON7 Gallery

And don't forget about the Yearly MIUM challenge

Tags: STV16MON7, embossresist, madewithlove

Views: 1021

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lovely samples! This is a great challenge, thanks for hosting!
Hey Retta, I think you can still upload it and have it count toward the yearly challenge, if you like! Just upload it with last week's keyword.

Retta Rae said:

I am so excited to try this technique.  It was already next on my list to try!   I blew it last week. I made my Kraft card on Monday, then came down with a stomach thing and completely forgot to enter it in the challenge.  I thought about it at 11pm EST last night.  Oh well, the pressure is off to get them all in for the year now.  My goal was to do each challenge this year, and I did that.  Thanks for hosting the challenge.  I am looking forward to it!  The flower stamps in the new kit are perfect for this technique!!!

Congratulations Sylvia! On your first post of a MUIM Challenge.  Love your card and that technique.  

Thank you,  Heidi!  I will do that this evening.

Heidi... said:

Hey Retta, I think you can still upload it and have it count toward the yearly challenge, if you like! Just upload it with last week's keyword.

Retta Rae said:

I am so excited to try this technique.  It was already next on my list to try!   I blew it last week. I made my Kraft card on Monday, then came down with a stomach thing and completely forgot to enter it in the challenge.  I thought about it at 11pm EST last night.  Oh well, the pressure is off to get them all in for the year now.  My goal was to do each challenge this year, and I did that.  Thanks for hosting the challenge.  I am looking forward to it!  The flower stamps in the new kit are perfect for this technique!!!

Retta, is my understanding you can still enter your card and qualify for the annual challenge. Might need to confirm this with Cat, but thought I read that due to vacations, illnes, etc. you could submit it late and will still count. Just has to have the correct tag. Hugs!br/>

Retta Rae said:

Your cards are Beautiful - By the way the link to the gallery is NOT taking us there. It is taking us to a picture of one of your cards. Please ask how to fix it and than fix it?

Love and Prayers,

Kathleen

Great challenge for your first time!  I have watched Gina's videos on this technique many times and tried it once.  I love the outcome so much that I have been watching them again thinking about another try at it.  Perfect timing for me!  Your card samples are beautiful.

Hi Ladies, thanks for letting me know the link to the gallery wasn't working, I was finally able to get it fixed. 

Good morning: I'm not sure if anyone else is having problems but this morning the weekly challenge page is not loading or taking forever to load. I keep getting an error message saying there is a problem. I think it needs a technical expert to take a quick look so it can be fixed. Also when I did manage to get to someone's comment page none of their photographs loaded in the usual slide show. There is a small glitch somewhere and I thought it best to let you know. Thanks.

Hi Johanna, I was also having problems loading the page and kept getting an error. I was finally able to get in later in the evening. I checked this morning and I didn't have any problems. It must be a Ning thing, LOL!

Johanna Rundell said:

Good morning: I'm not sure if anyone else is having problems but this morning the weekly challenge page is not loading or taking forever to load. I keep getting an error message saying there is a problem. I think it needs a technical expert to take a quick look so it can be fixed. Also when I did manage to get to someone's comment page none of their photographs loaded in the usual slide show. There is a small glitch somewhere and I thought it best to let you know. Thanks.

My card for this week challenge: http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/emboss-resist-14

Sylvia, I just have to tell you that I am having a ball with this technique!  I made eight backgrounds with different stamps and colors.  Even with mistakes - and they were many - they all came out beautiful.  I even have a new Minc that needs playing with, but I can't resist resisting!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service