stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Hello EVERYONE!

I am so excited to host my first MIUM as a Member of Gina K's Cast & Crew. What a fabulous bunch!!!

I would REALLY like to MIX things UP!

I've got a theme - using the idea of an Instagram - you could use a picture or an image. Imagine a cute back to school card for Grandma or a thank you card for teacher with a photo in the frame!

Along with the them, I have this cute sketch for you, and that's not enough, so along with that I have a free set of SVG files.

You can use the theme, or you can use the sketch, or you can use both. Just be sure to use at least ONE.

So... you probably want to see what I created ...

I used the following Gina K products:

Kraft Card Stock

White Card Stock

Blue Denim Cardstock

Just a Note Stamp Set by Rupa Shevde

And let's look at the stamp set I used.

I used Rupa Shevde's JUST A NOTE stamp set. 

If you notice, I only listed a three colors of paper.

I used BIC Markers to color Gina K's White Card Stock. It made everything match and was quick and easy to cut out.

I hope you liked this tip and enjoy this week's challenge!

Below you will find your Challenge Rules.

Click HERE you can see what everyone else is creating!

Be sure to upload your project to the Gallery

by 8:00 PM CST on Sunday, September 6th 

with the tag STV15MON35

One Luck Winner will Receive a Grab Bag of goodies fro Gina K. Designs! 

Happy Stamping! We'll See You in the Gallery! 

I promised to Mix It Up ... Right? How about a FREE bonus?

If you have a Cricut, Silhouette or similar cutting machine that can accommodate SVG files, I've included a kit for this card. (Note for Cricut Explore Users: Ungroup all the items and change the perforated line to a score line in the layers menu, then attach to the card base.)

You can download at the bottom of this post (bottom left) or you can click below to download the SVG Cutting Kit from my Gina K Google Drive.

MIUM STV15MON35 SVG Cutting Kit

When you click the above link, a Google Drive window will open. Along the top center you'll see a downward arrow. When you click on this arrow, the file will be downloaded to your computer.

If you need help with any of the cutting stuff, send me a Friend request and then we can chat about it, instead of clogging the discussion. Thanks!

Tags: STV15MON35

Views: 707

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I must be so clueless this morning!  I am still confused.  When you say sketch  - does that mean the overall layout, or an exact replica of the layout/design, etc.  I don't have and have never looked at instagram so I am out if it!!  Or as long as I use a "photo" type focal image that counts?

Sorry I'm not getting it!

j

Karen Hightower-GKD-DT-Moderator said:

Hi Jacqueline, I hope Allie will chime in on here! What I believe is you can use the sketch or the theme. Or Both! But you have to use one!  I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad!  <3  Please if this didn't answer your question let me know!  

Jacqueline said:

Welcome :)  and help!!

I am super confused about the instructions.  So, in order to follow the theme, all we need to have is a "polaroid" type photo image to host the focal image somewhere on the card? -- or do we have to use all the images Allie did on her card? I understand the use of the entire sketch (I don't have a cutting machine, so no go for me on that) - 

thanks!

jacqueline

p.s. so sorry I couldn't participate in last week's challenge, and I'm the one who asked for masculine cards!! - My dad is quite ill, so I was with him.

No need to apologize Jacqueline!  Yes the overall layout is the sketch! You can put what ever in the place of the items on the sketch / drawing  Just as long as your card resembles the sketch! Hope I'm making since!  LOL  Need more coffee!  LOL  Have a great day!  Again, Please ask if you have more questions…  :)  <3

Jacqueline said:

I must be so clueless this morning!  I am still confused.  When you say sketch  - does that mean the overall layout, or an exact replica of the layout/design, etc.  I don't have and have never looked at instagram so I am out if it!!  Or as long as I use a "photo" type focal image that counts?

Sorry I'm not getting it!

j

Karen Hightower-GKD-DT-Moderator said:

Hi Jacqueline, I hope Allie will chime in on here! What I believe is you can use the sketch or the theme. Or Both! But you have to use one!  I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad!  <3  Please if this didn't answer your question let me know!  

Jacqueline said:

Welcome :)  and help!!

I am super confused about the instructions.  So, in order to follow the theme, all we need to have is a "polaroid" type photo image to host the focal image somewhere on the card? -- or do we have to use all the images Allie did on her card? I understand the use of the entire sketch (I don't have a cutting machine, so no go for me on that) - 

thanks!

jacqueline

p.s. so sorry I couldn't participate in last week's challenge, and I'm the one who asked for masculine cards!! - My dad is quite ill, so I was with him.

HERE is my take on this challenge STV15MON35--Instagram!

Do I need some kind of a mechcine to use this file

The file is an SVG cutting file - it can be used on a cutting machine like the Cricut Explore or Silhouette Cameo. You do NOT need to use the file to participate, it's just a freebie for fun.

Thanks!

Hi Allie, Thanks for hosting our challenge this week.  Also thanks for e-mail the Silhouette cut file; unfortunately, it didn't work so I chose diagonal file from the Silhouette store to use as my background.  No instagram for me...but here's my card.

It was a fun challenge!

Just wanted to let you know I enjoyed this weeks challenge.  I personally like sketch type challenges because they give me a starting point, which often I lack.  I don't do instagram either, but your sketch diagram showed what you were looking for, and I enjoyed playing along.  I especially liked it because it challenged me to use what I have in a different way.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service