stampTV

Card making, rubber stamping techniques and project videos for papercrafters

Good morning Fun Seekers. Judy here with another MIUM Challenge.  As one of the April Guest Designers, I'm so exited to bring you the challenge this week. I think you're gonna to like it.

Some of you may have noticed that I like to use the bleach technique. Gina has done a few videos on this, and I've included a couple for you to watch HERE and HERE. My challenge to you is simple. Just use bleach on your project or card. I have chosen 2 of the ways to do this technique today.

Here is a card I made with one of them:

For this card I used Versamark, stamped an image from Melanie Muenchinger's Stately Flowers 4 on GKD Wild Orchid Card Stock, and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. Then I used a paint brush to "paint" the bleach on the image. It's fun to try different colors of card stock to see what color the bleach brings up. Here it came up a soft lavender color. You can also enhance your image with some color after it's bleached, as I did here with my Copics. I used the GKD Parisian Garden Patterned Paper Pack, and the greeting is from Stamper's Favorites.

Another way to do the bleaching is shown on this card:

For this one I made a stamp pad of sorts with a bunch of paper towels folded to make a pad, placed it on a plate, then saturated the "pad" with bleach. Then I simply "inked" up my stamp from Theresa Momber's By the Sea 2 with the bleach, and stamped it directly onto the card stock. Oh, and by the way, it doesn't hurt your stamps at all. Just make sure and rinse them well after use. It's fun to watch your image come up lighter than the card stock. This time I used GKD Dark Chocolate Card Stock, masked the image after I stamped it, inked the grasses from the same stamp set with Versamark and heat embossed with gold powder. Love how it turned out. I made my own background paper with some of the images from By the Sea 2 as well and the greeting is from that same set.

Okay, time to read the fine print:

Be sure to have your creation uploaded to our gallery no later than Sunday, May 4th,  8PM EST.  Don't forget to add the tag 'STV14MON17'  to your creation so we can see it with all of the others! We will choose a random winner from all eligible entries to win some awesome Gina K Design goodies!

Now GO FORTH, drag that bleach bottle out of your laundry room, and show me what ya got! Can't wait to see your creations.

Link to the gallery is HERE.

Tags: STV14MON17, bythesea2, stampersfavorites, statelyflowers4

Views: 575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gorgeous cards!  You do this technique so well and also making the background paper from your own stamps.  Very good!

Beautiful cards, Fabulous Challenge, Judy....count me in!  Congrats on Hosting! ;)

Mine is not near as elegant looking as yours but I did find an image that worked and was very fitting for the type of card I needed. HERE is mine. 

WOW, your second card is amazing, love all the special touches

What beautiful cards!  

Gorgeous cards Judy and fun challenge. I haven't tried this technique and I don't think I'll be able to play along this week. I'm heading to Florida for my niece's wedding so I won't have time. When I get back, I will definitely give this technique a try.

here's my card for the challenge thanks hotwheels

http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/with-sympathy-59?context=user

Gorgeous cards Judy!! This technique sounds like a lot of fun. I am definitely going to try it out.

Judy, thanks for hosting and a great challenge.  I started on Monday after you posted the challenge and took until today to put everything together.  It's been a crazy week.  I probably should have purchased new bleach for a little better bleach affect but here's my Bleach Bird of Happiness.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Get Social with us!

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Gina Krupsky.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service